Boston (sort of) Beer Night -- Nov. 16!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. . . Sounds like (another) grand 'ole time. I may be able to sneak out to the burbs for this. . .

What's the over/under for the time on the clock when we are "politely asked to leave"?

Group run (?) and then carbo post-loading???

An update on plans for this upcoming Friday's Boston Beer Night in the Burlington Burbs as hosted by this Brooklyn Broad:

A couple of us plan to meet beforehand at around 3:30 p.m. at the LincolnPark Entrance to Mines Falls Park in Nashua, NH, to do a trail run. Hey, it'll justify the brewskis afterward.

Directions- exit 6 on the Everett Tpk/ RT3, aka Broad Street and Rt 130 exit. Take the turn towards Hollis. Go thru 2 stoplights, make a left onto Coliseum Ave. Follow it all the way until it dead ends, passing the NH liquor store, Citizens bank, and Hannaford Supermarket. We'll be waiting at the gate, plan is to leave by 3:30.

Trail running route is the Turtle Trail to Cove Circle Trail - which is one loop around Oxbow lake, distance is approximately 3.7 miles total.

It is a nice easy scenic rolling route with the Nashua River on one side and the lake on the other.

Except for a small portion, approximately 100 yards, it is entirely on dirt trails.

For the uninitiated, here are directions to the Fitzwilliams Irish Pub at the Burlington Marriott:

I-95/128- Take Exit 33B (Burlington) straight through the lights. Hotel is on the left.
The address is One Burlington Mall Road, Burlington, MA.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Sadly, I'll still be at work while you are running around on the trails, but I can still make it to Burlington for my undeserved beer. :) See you then.

i will do my best to come down, on this new job we work until 8 usually..but no fridays we leave at the obscenely early hour of 6 or 6:30. it would be nice to see everyone. as far as traffic..what is the best way to this place..sounds rush hourish. im coming from conquered, nh, so i can take 3 or 93 south

Sorry you won't be able to make it, Marty. Hopefully next time!

Hikerfast: Best way is probably I-93 South to I-95/128 and then directions as noted above from there. It's pretty easy, and you'll be going against rush-hour traffic for the bulk of it.

Update on the planned trail run beforehand: A few of us will be meeting at 4 p.m. instead of 3:30. See ya there or at the pub!

If you are coming from the north and hear on the radio that traffic is bad on 128, it's easy to avoid:

* Rte 3 south to the Rte 62 exit.
* Left at the lights off the ramp (62 east), under the highway.
* Go straight through a couple lights and turn right onto Network Drive. It's a big two-lanes-turn-right intersection. Bamboo restaurant is on the corner.
* Pass the huge Sun Microsystems campus; go straight for about 3 or 4 minutes, through 2 or 3 sets of lights. You are now on Middlesex Turnpike.
* Turn left onto Mall Road at the traffic light that has the old Tower Records, as well as EMS, on your left, a hill in front of you, and a Border Cafe on the right.
* Go through 4 or 5? lights on Mall Road until the Marriott is on your right.

sapblatt said:
I was just informed that I am cooking for guests on Friday evening - sadly I will not be attending "Brooklyn in Burlington" night

Didn't your wife tell you that the "guests" you'll be cooking for are ... US!!! ;) Seriously, sad we won't have you there!

For those brave souls coming trail running, we'll meet in Nashua at Mines Falls Park Lincoln Trailhead entrance. The time is changed from 3:30 to 4:00 PM. See you there, directions are a few post back. :) :)

I may be a bit late, but I'm hoping to stop by.

I've been concerned that I haven't been drinking enough lately and this seems like just the solution.