Boston (sort of) Beer Night -- Nov. 16!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony's been trying to get me to go. I'm supposed to be getting up early to hike with McRat the next day, but since he's going to this, then I guess I can too.

Google says it's 20 minutes from work. I bet it takes longer.

I find it amusing Sherpakroto that we have never met, yet I have been on at least 5 or 6 hikes with your towel. :cool:

A belated note to say thanks for a great turnout! It was so nice seeing old faces and a few new ones, and catching up on everyone's lives on and off the trails! I saw a few cameras so hopefully someone has pix they can post.

It was wonderful to see everyone and share a fun evening!
:)

Ask and ye shall receive.

EDIT: the album is available again, thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
Lisa--sorry to miss what sounds like a wonderful evening! Next time I hope! :D

Early Bird said:
Ditto on that. I enjoyed meeting so many new people. Hope to see you on the trails some day.

I'll double that ditto. Sorry I had to run out so quickly- Friday family night.....

As always,it was a great outing with some old characters,and some new ones.

Gotta follow up with a "Holiday Beer Night"!

or any other good excuse! :D

Stan said:
Sorry I missed it. Anyone get a picture of Pat's knee?

Not even a looksee at the new knee -- unless some real wildness took place after I'd departed! But it was absolutely amazing and heartening to see Pat getting around with neither crutches nor a cane, nor really much of a limp that I could detect. Way to go, Pat -- now we hope Audrey has similar success!

Well, it's not really a new knee, just trimmed and tuned. After surgery it looked awful - sort of waterlogged and cadaverous. His first PT visit yesterday - he discovered he couldn't tense his thigh muscle for more than a second or two. :eek: That's a scary thing just as we're dropping off the tele skis for a wax and edge.

Congrats to Millie, Alpinista, and myself for showing up for a 3.8 mile trail run, it was cold and windy but still a hoot! :eek:

We had hikers from North and South, East and West at Beer night. From Concord NH, Hookset, Boston, Nashua, Needham, Bedford, Andover, etc etc, quite a showing considering it was a Friday night and folks were going hiking, had family obligations and the like. Hats off to everyone who attended this fun event, If I missed someone or they came after 9:30 add your name! :)

Mcrat
Stevehiker
Kayak Dan
Mrs Kayak Dan
Hikerfast
Tuco
Audrey
Pat
Early Bird
7 Summits
DrJJFate
MichaelJ
Jillian
Dave Metsky
Nartreb
Mats Roing
AmsTony
Alpinista

I'll get around to posting some pics of the event and our trail run.

So sorry to have missed this :( I still had thoughts of making it, but ran into a conversion issue at 6:00. Ended up w*rking until 3:00 AM. And then another 12+ on Saturday, and 9 on Sunday. BUT... it all went well and I'm looking real good on this one. I will be there next time (and will be down for another Sox/Y*nkee trip in the spring: this time you need to take the next day off!!!)