does skiing count?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
I was wondering if I ascend a summit using BC skis and ski down, does this count to the 48? How about if I walk up and butt slide down? (not exactly 'on foot'.
Thanks,
Sandy

"does skiing count?"???!

Does it count? Does it count?! Come on, bruised, you gotta hold yer head up higher than that! If you have the skill and guts to skin your way up and then dare to ski down it, well, then, what else matters?

List schmist, as long as you got legs you can ski on.

To quote that quotable movie, "You don't need a patch on your arm to have honor."

Yes, it counts!

Thank you.

Crawl

"It would also count if you walk on your hands or crawl." DP

Good to know because I am usually crawling by the time I reach each winter summit. No, really.

KDT

If mountains represent a place beyond man's rules to you, aren't you your own arbiter of whether skiing "counts"?

The reason I posted the question was because I took a BC lesson over the WE (never had used skins, and never had tried the bindings). So for my FIRST time on skis we skinned up Wildcat and got to w/in 200 vertical feet of the summit before 90 mile gusts caused us to abandon our plan :(and we skied down. So the NEXT time, I'll skin all the way up, hike to the marker and call it done.
Thanks for the info.
Sandy

When you go next time, ski down the backside to Jackson. It'll get your heart pumping! Congratulations and best wishes!

By the way, Fischer has a new ski out: 189cm x 60mm,1800g/pr, full edge, accepts a three-pin binding. "Silent Spider." Looks very promising.

I find it amusing that buttsliding counts but sledding supposedly nullifies a peak.

:(

Now this raises a question. Does using a Frisby classify as a sled? I used one coming down Haystack last winter and again on Algonquin recently.Are the rules for this the same in the Daks and the Whites?