EMS Club Day ???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EMS Club Days

Hi All...

I was in EMS around 2 weeks ago and asked about Club days..
I was told that EMS most likely won't be having that because they recently were bought out by a different company..

I hope it isn't true!

I forget what the dates were but Karen mentioned to me she just had a flyer through the mail for a 20% of day(s).

Bob

HikerBob said:
I forget what the dates were but Karen mentioned to me she just had a flyer through the mail for a 20% of day(s).

Bob

I got one in the mail today. October 8-18
20% off "stuff that keeps you warm and dry"

Re: EMS Club Days

Snowshooz said:

I was in EMS around 2 weeks ago and asked about Club days..
I was told that EMS most likely won't be having that because they recently were bought out by a different company..

I hope it isn't true!

ditto. I would be suprised as I thought the company was bought out by local partners. No Kudos to EMS (as stated in another thread on this board) if this is true.

Rochester NY EMS

Our EMS Club Days are Oct 22-24 this year. And it's been announced that this will be the last Club Day event. It will "change to a different format" whatever that means....

Dick's Sporting Goods bought up our Galyans already (I preferred Galyan's). PLEASE say it ain't so that they've also bought EMS?

Katie,

EMS was bought out from the American Retail Group, by Will Manzer, the current EMS CEO and others but to be honest I have no idea if they are local (Northeast). This doesn't sound like staying "close to their roots".

This is the response I got from EMS:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for writing to EMS about Club Day. EMS.com and EMS stores will have an "Upgrade Your Technology" sale on October 22, 23 and 24th--save 20% on all in-stock items. Most stores will have special sale hours for members of outdoor clubs and organization on Oct 21 from 3 pm to closing; check with your local store for details.

Call us toll-free at 1-888-463-6367 to order by phone or if we can help you select the outdoor gear, footwear, apparel and outerwear for your adventures.

Thank you for shopping with EMS!

I was told that this was the last year of the 20% off for club members including scouts (think it was the last week of oct). The new idea is to give 15% off all year to club members. Galyans gives 10% off when you show your scout card at any time of the year. Maybe their trying to compete more. I think campmore give a bigger discount for large scout troops. I'm looing to purchase some winter hiking boots from them and maybe a lighter pack for me and my son.

I stopped in EMS tonight to get a part and spoke to the AM -
CGARBY has it right on. I was going to do a quick google search, but well it was EMS....

Anyways what was mentioned is that EMS is getting away from the fashion retail trap it had become - especially the mall stores and becoming a tehcnical gear store again.
They have gotten rid of Columbia and will be getting rid of TNF next year. I did notice they had no cotton clothing in the destination store I was at and that they were loaded with a lot more gear and a lot less clothes.

If this is the case, Kudos to EMS.

I'm in big trouble. I live barely a couple miles from an EMS. I was doing okay with them being a junk store, but if they turn back into a real hiking/outdoors store, my wallet is going to suffer...
:rolleyes:

EMS/LLBEAN

EMS: I also noticed some changes in their Pheasant Lane Mall store in Nashua. I was there Tuesday night shopping for the Day Hikers Guide to VT. The AM said they were getting rid of allot of the "fasion" oriented gear and going more technical. The one thing I do notice at the Pheasant lane store is weak customer service. They need to work on it. At other EMS's such as in Burlington they are all over trying to help you. In PLM, it is the opposite.

LLBEAN- Just an FYI: the LL BEAN store in Nashua on Daniel Webster Highway has moved to the Nashua Mall, located just off exit 6 on Route3/Everett Turnpike. Traffic is definitely much easier there than the DW Highway nightmare, especially around the holidays.

Tony :cool: :D

I contacted EMS this evening asking about Club Day. I recieved a reply back from them in 20 minutes!

Here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting Eastern Mountain Sports in regard to "Club Day".
We are changing "Club Day" to "Upgrade Your Technology", same concept,
different name. It will be on October 22nd thru 24th. The "Upgrade Your
Technology" sale is almost the same as "Club Day". We are no longer
calling it "Club Day" because it is not going to be club specific, anyone can
take advantage of the 20% off that weekend.

If you do belong to an outdoor club and can show membership at the door, we are having a "club sale" on the 21st - 3pm to close, so clubs can take advantage of the 20% off first.

Got my flyer in the mail yesterday. It indeed is upgrade your technology day and everything is 20% off. I stopped in the other day and was very impressed on the new EMS stuff they have coming out. Especially the new soft shells and power stretch stuff. Very technical, and priced right. It does seem they may have changed their approach. I wish I really needed a big ticket item.......
I will probably end up with a book..

new daypack

I was given help last night at ems (walt) and he helped me out with a winter daypack, it is a marmont, app 2400cu in. i trust his opinion and will pick it up tonight cost $100 - 20%.. didn't know we can order online, how do you prove that you are a club member? or it doesn't matter?