Evans Notch in January

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentonfabrics

Reaction score
Hi,

I plan on going into Evans Notch tomorrow and was wondering what is accessible and how to get there.

How far north could I drive on Rt 113? Can I get as far as the Spruce Hill Tr or is it gated south of that? Also, how far south could I drive from Rt 2 until I hit the gates?

Just trying to map out a plan for tomorrow.

Happy New Year!

The usual southern closure is immediately north of the Cold River Campground, so you won't be driving to Spruce Hill Trail. The northern closure is quite close to Rte. 2, as noted in the other thread. You can ski easily from the northern gate to the Wild River Road junction and continue farther south on Rte. 113. I've done it pulling a pulk to the campground south of the junction (can't recall its name right now.) I haven't attempted any skiing north from Cold River Campground.

Thanks for the input guys. Had a real nice hike into the woods this morning from the north end of 113. Good weather, cold and quiet except for the wind and the river.