Falling Waters - Franconia Ridge - Old Bridle Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandside

Reaction score
Saturday July 26, 2008

Trails Condition = Trails were in excellent condition, water crossings were quite easy considering the water volumes.

Stuff Needed = hiking poles, waterproof boots w/vibram soles, wind/rain shell, sun protection.

Thoughts/Comments = Being a Saturday with clear sky after much rain, this was a busy set of trails today, especially Lafayette. Many folks with no packs, sandals or sneakers on, and sometimes sitting right in the middle of the trail! ..... another good thing about winter hiking!
I had been wanting to take Sandi up this hike since last year, but we had never had the weather conditions I was looking for on a day we could go, so today was the day to make a change in plans from doing the Kinsman's to doing this ridge. They would have been two more off my list, but these were for Sandi's list.
The multiple days of rain had the falls looking awesome, so we took our time and got some good videos. There was not much wind, and ski was mostly clear so after we reached the ridge, the hike was also spectacular. We didn't linger on Lafayette long with all the crowds, took a break at the hut for some fresh socks and fluids and continued on our way. From the hut down was rather taxing for the two I was hiking with, lot's of elevation to lose there. But before too long it levels out and soon we were at the parking lot.
See you on the trails!!
Greg and Sandi

Here is my video of the hike. The falls look great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtAeNXVsmc4

PS - I am not responsible for carving "rastafari" and "rasta" on the trail sign at the top of Little Haystack even though I do have a reggae band!!! I didn't even notice it until I was viewing pictures the next day. Jah!