Flags on the 48 Plans

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Arm, you wanna spot a car and get an early start for a hike over Isolation to Monroe, where I plan to meet GO (with flag) and gH (with clarinet) on Sunday? You can pm me.

Stress level went up when Whiteface crew cancelled this morning.
Stress level went down when new people signed up for Whiteface later this morning.

All is well. Nothing to see here. Move along. Go Patriots!!!

Staying at Dry River campground saturday night site #26. Maybe stopping at the KOA on the way up. Mooseland after the climb down.

I did call the Mooseland today to let them know multitudes of people will be coming, they say they will ready with plenty of staff and plenty of beer (she did say that the local brew sometimes runs out). Hope to see everyone.

Are there any non speed deamons going up something such as Osceaola ? I would be interested in something easy like that due to injuries . I will be taking my time even though I am in shape. I was hurt badly while cutting a tree down I hit a nail in the tree using a very powerful saw with a 34 inch bar. sacry as all hell to have that come back at you! in the tree and messed up my right arm and nerves . I cannot carry a whole lot, just a day pack with enough to get by I over night if need be .

SilentCal said:
Whoever bribed Mother Nature again for good weather, I want to know your secret!

Sorry, some secrets should never be revealed. ;) Suffice it to say that Mother Nature is often good to me and I appreciate that she has given us all a wonderful forecast this weekend. I'll be on Madison Sat., at the hut Sat. night, and on Adams Sunday. Looking forward to meeting many of you. Happy hiking everyone!

My little group hiking Carrigain is mostly from my school's outing club, I'll see if I can convince them to drop by KOA, but they will most likely just want to head over to our loj for a good night's sleep.

Mooseland depends on how hungry the kiddies are. I'm calling them kiddies because I think I'm the only one legal to buy beer. And I'm also the only one insured to drive. I'm assuming they have good food there. Because I'm sure they could be persuaded to go there for food.

Documentary?

A little bird told me someone was shooting a documentary on the Flags on the 48. I heard they were planning on going to Bond (my mountain). That's all I've heard. Does anyone else know anything more about it?

Wear Dark Glasses

On Saturday Morning, I'm going to Nancy/Norcross Pond and setting up camp. Hitting Carrigain and possibly Vose Spur, Nancy and Duck Pond Mountain. Not going to Lowell or Anderson. Camping at Norcross Pond and hiking out early AM. Drive to Hairpin turn and going up South Hancock. Meet Eric (Barbarossa) along the way.

Afterwards we're both planning on first performing our obligatory walk nood (after every hike!) through Conway. Then we might (still nekkid) hit Mooseland Grill after.

-Dr. Wu

Outtabreath said:
Staying at Dry River campground saturday night site #26. Maybe stopping at the KOA on the way up. Mooseland after the climb down.

I did call the Mooseland today to let them know multitudes of people will be coming, they say they will ready with plenty of staff and plenty of beer (she did say that the local brew sometimes runs out). Hope to see everyone.

Heya, my group is staying at Dry River saturday as well. We are in sites (i think 11 and 12). Feel free to stop by - my site is the one with the Red Dodge Stratus in it. Will be happy to hand you are Corona(s) upon introduction :)

Artex - take a look on the Fot48 web site forums and you'll see threads with titles like "The Documentary". :)

Hockeycrew - have you been in contact with Stephen at all? He's assigned to Carrigain but hurt his hip and is looking to be sure he has some support on the trail. Take a look in the Trips & Events forum at the above-linked web site.

This will be the last time I check this forum until after Flags on Sunday! Good luck to everyone, and thank you participants!!!!!

MichaelJ said:
Artex - take a look on the Fot48 web site forums and you'll see threads with titles like "The Documentary". :)

Hockeycrew - have you been in contact with Stephen at all? He's assigned to Carrigain but hurt his hip and is looking to be sure he has some support on the trail. Take a look in the Trips & Events forum at the above-linked web site.

This will be the last time I check this forum until after Flags on Sunday! Good luck to everyone, and thank you participants!!!!!

Thanks man. :)