Garfield #48 - August 13th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats HikerBob! I was honored to have been able to bear witness to this momentous occasion.

I mean, er ...

I was psyched to be there - it was wicked cool to see you finish, especially via your (somewhat nutty) 16.2 mile route. :)

Time to start planning those Baxter trips!

Congratulations HikerBob!!

CONGRATULATIONS HikerBob!! Well Done!!

I've enjoyed all of your pictures and stories of your hikes...

Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you..I was waving from the wooded summit of Mt Cabot :D

Glad you had such beautiful day for your 48th!

Snowshooz

Congrats, Hiker Bob, from the "runners"...

Way to go, HikerBob! We knew you could do it! (but sorry about the balloon!) ;)

We felt fortunate to meet up with Bob coming out of Lincoln Woods as he started on his final summit (for THIS list, anyway).. and then again just below the summit of Garfield ( after enjoying some wonderful cold water trickling out of the rocks along the trail)
We did take a photo, which we'll try to figure out how to post once we download everything from the camera....
We were doing the Pemi Loop at a slightly quicker pace than walk mode, and meeting up with Bob twice on his journey made our trip lots more fun....
A hearty congrats, and I hope you start on the next list soon!

fluffy and ultrastevep : :)

bob #48

congrats bob---real nice hike,real nice weather,and real real nice company...thanks mt drew

Congrats HikerBob

Congrats HikerBob, It was a great day.
I hope you had as much fun as I did. Now you know there is someone out there who hikes slower than you, and I didn't even take one picture! Thanks again for the inspiration, I would not have made it up there if it wasn't for you. It was great to meet all the folks from VFTT!. I look forward to seeing you all again soon. FOT48!

Yay me!!!!!

Just got home after a late start, breakfast at the Woodstock (recommended!) and a busy drive back on I91 (roadworks at Greenfield, MA down to one lane)

I will post a trip report later but I'd like to quickly thank everyone once again for all the support, guidance, companionship and downright fun times over the last two years. It's been a blast and it's just the start.

We lucked out on the day and caught a great break in the weather with fantastic views from the top. Perfect lounging conditions for the summit where a fine group of people had assembled and waited patiently for me to arrive having taken the rather longer route in from Lincoln Woods :) I even managed to arrive close to my predicted time of 1pm. I would have been even closer if I had not been leied by Alpinista just shy of the summit :D

Special thanks to Sal for the bubbly, Sherpa John for the 4000 footer patch and MichaelJ for the fantastic book of aerial pictures of the AT.

Thank you one and all :)

Bob

Congrats Hiker Bob!!! It was fun doing the hike behind everyone... maybe next time I'll read the posts better :confused: . But it was fun going out wither everyone after!

Don't understate the "buzzed by a glider" photo - that glider was at times lower than us, and came by the Garfield summit at eye level only a few hundred feet to the north. It was completely silent and utterly incredible.

Good grief! It's a quarter past midnight and I only just got my pics finished!

I'll write up a trip report tomorrow, but HERE are the pics.

It was a great day.

Thank you.

Bob

Congrats Hiker Bob! And Nice pictures everyone! lookin' forward to the 'official' TR.

-Dr. Wu

Congrats Again

I'm relatively new to the forum and was wondering how tight a community this was. It was great to see and hear (cuz you could be heard from about a mile below summit!) all of you there to support him on his final 48. I meant to ask you on Sat but was huffing and puffing.... Bob, what's your next hiking goal?

Congrats! The funny thing is that while you were all on top of the mountain I was at exactly 0'. I had to go kayaking. The swells from the hurricane off shore were just too tempting.

Glad you all had a fun time and had some great Views From The Top.

Now which peak are you going back to again first?

- darren

HikerBob - Congratulations! I've enjoyed all of your trip reports and photos, and watching your progress over the past couple of years. Looking forward to this TR. Congrats again on reaching your goal ...... well done! :)