Lilian Brook Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavis

Reaction score
Anybody been up or down the Lilian Brook trail lately? Is it passable? I know it was supposed to awful a few years ago. We're thinking about doing Dix and Hough this weekend and possibly going down this way.

Actually I'm trying to talk eveyone in the group in doing the whole Dix range but I don't think it's going to fly.

Thanks

The top two thirds are passable heading down from both cols. (Hough-Pough, and Carson-Macomb) It's the bottom third that is a little crowded, but nothing too bad considering the overall effort saved. It keeps getting more and more traffic, hence more signs of which way to go. Follow the broken branches. Who knows, maybe some of the herd path angels have alighted there recently? ;)

Check out my June 18th trail report.
I highly recommend this route for leaving the ridge. Up high, the herd path is very well established. It's an OLD herd path. At the blowdown area, the path is flagged and pretty easy to follow. If you lose the path, just stop and poke around and you'll find it. Good luck and let us know about your trip!
Tim