Maine Roadhouse - moved from T&E

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good place. Same owner as the Stratton Motel in town. I've stayed a number of times. There is a big dormitory section for sleeping and a fairly big kitchen down stairs.

Don't know if it's winterized hough.

Last edited:
Papa Bear said:
Good place. Same owner as the Stratton Motel in town. I've stayed a number of times. There is a big dormitory section for sleeping and a fairly big kitchen down stairs.

Don't know if it's winterized hough.
It's definitely winterized. We spent a week up there last winter. Very nice accommodations. A big bunk room or there's a couple of smaller (double) rooms. There's a washer/dryer on premises, hot showers, and a big kitchen.

TMax said:
It's definitely winterized. We spent a week up there last winter. Very nice accommodations. A big bunk room or there's a couple of smaller (double) rooms. There's a washer/dryer on premises, hot showers, and a big kitchen.

Thanks. I'm planning for BW, then SR, then Saddleback, then the 'loaf. The roadhouse will work for the back half of my trip. Now all I have to worry about is the driving, since the storms seem to be stacking up :D

Its a good place. The bunk room is -really- huge! Only problem was that the internet wasn't working when I was there (March 07). They have plenty of heaters there so you'll keep warm!

I assume that you are not inviting us all with you, so I moved the thread from Trips & Events to Q&A - New England.

- darren

Moose

One of the high points of my sojourn through northern New England was a very close encounter with a moose. I was driving (slowly) between Rangeley and Stratton (just after dark) when a moose came up out of the bog and stopped astride the roadside snowbank. I crept by it on the other side, and continued on my way. It appeared to be fairly young (about 4 yrs). :D