Minnewaska

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open

The bridge to the upper parking lot is open. I am not sure exactly when it reopened, but according to this June 10 post on the Lake Minnewaska Forum it was open then.

The closures were the result of the heavy rains and flooding in early April. All trails in Minnewaska were reported open as of April 11. Some of the old carriage roads, e.g. Hamilton Point, were closed to trail bikes a few years ago from storm damage. I am not sure if Hamilton Point Carriage Road will ever reopen to bikes, but it is open for hiking. All other carriage roads are open for bikes.

Last edited:
Was just there last weekend and can confirm that the bridge is open. I didn't see or hear anything about trail closures. I kept expecting to see some bikes on Hamilton Point Carriageway, but it had next to no foot traffic on it and no bikes.

The bigger problem on a weekend of nice weather is that the upper parking lots fill up fast. They were just about filled by 10:00 last Sunday.