Mt. Osceola Trailhead?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shippy

Reaction score
Plan on doing the Osceolas tomorrow. I have never been on Tripoli Rd. Which is the easiest rout to the trailhead from 93? Any info will help me out.

Steve

Shippy

You can get to Tripoli Rd 2 ways.

#1 Rt 93 to Exit 28 (waterville Valley) follow rt 49 to Tripoli Rd on the left and the Osceola trailhead is on the right.

#2 Rt 93 to exit 31 (Tripoli Rd). Take a right (onto Tripoli Rd) and look for the traihead on the left.

IMO, it's quicker to use the Waterville Valley exit.

Reaching the trailhead from I-93 at exit 31 (Tripoli Road) is much quicker than taking exit 28 (Route 49) into Waterville Valley.

I just read HockeyPuck's reply (so much for a consensus).

I've been taking firewood from Tripoli Road (with permit) and have gone both directions and it certainly seems faster going to exit 31.

Last edited:
If I am coming from the south I take exit 28, if I am coming from the north I take exit 31. One more bit of information for you, 49 is paved Tripoli is not.

Thanks guys!

Will probably go exit 31. Thanks for the information! :)

I ususally go via exit 31. It's roughly 7 miles from I-93 to the trailhead, which is at the height of land. On busy days the lot fills up and you have to park along the road.

-dave-

Which way, depends on when I go. On a weekday not during peak camping season or on a weekend when I'm there before 6:30 AM or leaf peeping season, I go via Exit 31 as I'll drive faster on the highway where I can pass people & then faster then the posted speed on Tripoli. (When campers are awake & moving around, you need to be more careful.)

If you drive the posted speed limits, it's probably quicker via Waterville.

Sincerly Mad Max

Shippy said:
Which is the easiest rout to the trailhead from 93? Any info will help me out.
Take Exit 32 and park at the Greeley Ponds Trail :) If you count hiking time that will be the fastest :)