night temps in NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proszach

Reaction score
Planning on doing an overnight monday night somewhere in the Whites. Just wondering what kind of temperatures I can expect during the night?? Trying not to freeze my little buns off...

www.nws.noaa.gov is a good wesite. I zoomed in on the Twin Mountain region, twin mountain weather. Looks like it'll be a little chilly but clear. You can mentally tweak these temp and wind forecasts depending on the altitude you're sleeping, and then mentally tweak them some more because this is New England so the 3-day forecast is dubious at best :) , but at least this gives you a ballpark idea. Have fun. You're arriving at a great time (when all this rainy junk clears out).

Last edited:
I usually take the temps that weather.com gives me for the nearest town and subtract 4 degrees F for every 1,000' of elevation above the town. Close enough...

Weather.com suggests "around freezing"

I live at 1500' in Waterville Valley, where the Weather Channel is predicting 33 degrees for Monday night (and they have been remarkably accurate in their temperature calls this winter and spring).

As someone else suggested, you should count on deducting 3 or 4 degrees per thousand feet of elevation.

It definitely depends on where you camp out that night. Monday is going to be a transition day in the Whites, with a northwest flow most likely keeping the chance for upslope rain showers during the day. Temps will prob be stuck in the 40s as well, esp if you are high up. Hopefully things will all clear out later Monday night and after a very chilly Tuesday start (maybe some ice?) it should be a wonderful day.