Reserving a campsite

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp2000

Reaction score
Howdy. I was planning on camping off Tripoli RD this weekend. Can anyone tell me what the tel# for reserving is. I dont normaly go car camping so Im not sure who to call.

Thanks in advance :cool:

I was under the impression that those were first come first served sites, never stayed there though.

Tell the black bear he owes my buddy a cooler. ;)

Here's the U.S. Forest Service list of WMNF campgrounds. It has detailed notes including which campgrounds can be reserved and how many sites at a particular campground are designated for reservations.

All reservations are made through ReserveUSA, which handles the reservations on behalf of the USFS. You can use the ReserveUSA site to pick a particular campsite and reserve it. Their phone number is 877-444-6777.

Calling one of the USFS offices will not get you a reservation. They'll just send you on to ReserveUSA.

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunatly TDawg was right. Tripoli is first come first serve. But it seem like we are in the off season for a bit so im not worried.

Happy trails :cool:

Late October...

Hey,

If one visits the Wild River cg after the Columbus Day close, one can still use the area (camp there). Is it the same at others which close at the same time? Specifically, is Osceola Vista Campground available for use (if not staffed) at the end of October or is it gated and off-limits?

Thanks,

--M.

Since none of you wankers responded to my query, I called the Pemi Ranger office in Plymouth and asked them myself:

Both Osceola Vista and Waterville Campgrounds are now officially closed. They can, however, still be used. Each is gated at their driveways, but one can park outside the gates and pack in to the campsites.

At some point, there will be a snowstorm large enough to close the gates across Tripoli Road at the Livermore Road trailheads. After that, packing in to Osceola Vista will become a longer walk.

For those wishing actual humans at their campsites, there is winter service at Hancock, Blackberry Crossing and Barnes Field.

Yours on the Trips,

--M.