SherpaKroto Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May this be your last weekend in Rehab SK. You'll have a good place to watch the Final Four at least without any chores to get in the way! :D

April Fools Kroto is really hiking in New york

Hi everyone,
I left paul today ariound 4, boy is he fiesty!!

At the moment his left lung has some fluid which is straining his breathing, his eyes still won't focus, and he is starting to realize just how banged up he is.

He was moved to a rehab as you all know by now , no internet and lousy tv so calls are apprieciated. His # 781-395-5050 rm 327A. He will be there till Thursday of Friday depending on his chest xrays.

He and I are still overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support. What would he do with out all of you (fight with me)!

Thanks to all of you who were able to visit Kroto after all I'm back at work and I appreciate anyone helping him pass the long days.
Don't worry about a Skinny SK thanks to the whoopie pies and cookies!!

He can't wait till he has all of you in Maine for the big jam, and frankly neither can I.

Well I'm off to see Kayla in the Sound Of Music. She is appropriatly playing St Mary Margarita!!!
Love to All,
Elle

I just spoke to Sherpa Kroto... I was really pleased to hear him in such good spirits and feeling positive. He definitely likes phone calls & is looking forward to more visitors, especially when he goes home. His number at the clinic in Woburn is 781-935-5050.

-Dr. Wu

Alpinista & I visited Sherpa on Friday night; he said to make sure everyone knew that he's in really good spirits (no, not *those* kind) and is upbeat and in a good mental place. The body, well, hurts, and the healing's going to be long and difficult, but he's not angry, not upset, and very glad to be alive.

MrsSherpaKroto said:
He can't wait till he has all of you in Maine for the big jam, and frankly neither can I.

So the mystery begins . . . .

:D :confused: :cool:

Let's just say anyone who enjoys hiking, paddling and live music shouldn't be making too many plans for the end of July. ;)

Is there an address for cards etc?

Jeez, I just saw this post (I'm late, I know...). Heal well, Paul! It's a bad experience to live through, but hopefully it'll be over soon :)

I went to visit Paul yesterday and he is in very good spirits. In fact, he seemed pretty much himself, save for the cute lilttle slipper socks... :D

He sent is regards again to everyone. He really seemed to enjoy having a visitor so if you have a few minutes and are in the area, give him a shout. I think he said he's there until Tuesday, after which he'll be heading home for quite a bit more R&R.

Spencer

Sk is coming home!!!

Hi All,

Paul will return to his castle :eek: on Monday. Kayla and I have been cleaning like Cinderella in hopes all his local friends will come visit, and to raise his spirits.

He still has a very long recuperation, and with me working any help possible will be much apprieciated.

Thank you all for the cards too many to count now, and the visits to the rehab. It helps me so much. After work and running the house it is so nice to have friends who visit and give me some slack to do concerts and Prom dress shopping with Kayla.

I feel so badly for her, after all it is her Senior year and being the spring everything is geared towards her prom, chorus concert and graduation.

She feels so guilty to do such normal activities with Paul so hurt it is important for me to keep things in her world very normal.

Well I hope to see some of you and I will keep you posted with his much needed improvements.

Love to all,
Elle MrsSK

Maybe not Monday!

Just left Sk and it is very unlikely he'll be home tom.

He is antsy and can't wait to get home.

I'll keep you posted. :)
Elle

Hi all,

I visited Sherpa K on Saturday after a quick stop at the REI junk sale.

It was great to speak with him, and see him up and about in his room. (He is walking short distances.)

That said, the extent of his injuries are startling (to me), and his recovery will be the tallest mountain he's ever had to climb. I encourage you all to support him anyway you can, and help him through this lousy stretch of trail he's found himself on.

We had a long talk, lots of laughs, and shared some great memories. I brought him some reading material, but given his double-vision and other neurological damage, he can't do much reading right now.

He plans to get home later this week. Because he cannot drive, once he's home he will have OT, PT, etc. in his home, and be more or less house-bound for a while. Maybe we can organize a "Take Sherpa to Lunch" squad to keep him from going stir-crazy once he's home in N. Reading MA.

If you can hike, ski, run, read, or drive a car, say a silent prayer of thanks. And say one for Sherp while you're at it.

How life can change in a Killington minute...

cb

Thanks for the updates Mrs. SK and CB. Sounds like a trip to North Reading is in order for many of us!