Volunteer Pemi Bridge Work Site Clean Up Planning Thread

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a beautiful thing right here :p

IMG_20110716_122318.jpg

Thanks again everyone for a great day and especially una_dogger for organizing!

Last edited:
I am so sorry. :eek:

On the car seat, I used Purell alcohol hand sanitizer and a paper towel, and the creosote came off. There's still a slight discoloration on my car seat, but I think that's because that spot is now the only clean spot on my car seat.

If you can't get the seat clean, please tell me, and I will pay you to get it taken care of. Thank you very much for the lift to Lincoln. It's hard to thumb a lift around here wearing a Cubs hat.

Be careful of anything that is a solvent and may carry it into the cloth or your skin. I know years ago we had a recipe for pitch that used dairy farmer bulk tank cleaner but would try it on the britches first.

I felt pretty low on horsepower seeing Mike with huge loads double timing us out of the woods. Glad everyone was okay afterwards and we got to kick a dent in something left in very poor taste! These are our public lands supported by our tax dollars that should be cared for in a manner that is acceptable to all of us regardless of what is deemed necessary or not! Thanks again Sabrina for your organizing, cheering and hard work!

A most sincere thanks to all of you who pitched in to make the Pemi a cleaner and wilder, and a special thanks to Sabrina for spearheading this project. It's terrific that VFTT brings people together for hiking and sharing good times, and that it is such a great informational resource. However, that is all transcended when it is used as a tool by those who, instead of just talking about doing something or lamenting a situation, sacrifice their time and their bodies to make a real difference. Bravo! My only regret is that I am not yet physically able to join in such an effort and could not help out.

A most sincere thanks to all of you who pitched in to make the Pemi a cleaner and wilder, and a special thanks to Sabrina for spearheading this project. It's terrific that VFTT brings people together for hiking and sharing good times, and that it is such a great informational resource. However, that is all transcended when it is used as a tool by those who, instead of just talking about doing something or lamenting a situation, sacrifice their time and their bodies to make a real difference. Bravo! .

Thanks!! Couldn't have done it without the cooperation of others :)

It's pretty amazing what a positive outlook can do -- And a worthwhile opportunity to give back FOREST.

Hope you get back out on the trails soon, TEO.

Last edited: