Wind Pro fleece - any good?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmak

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new fleece jacket, something I can use for hiking, skiing and climbing, as my old 200 wt Lowe jacket has a hole or 2 in it. Has anyone tried the new Wind Pro fleece? How does it compare to a 200 or 300 wt fleece jacket for warmth? Do you really notice the wind resistance? I'd love to hear your reviews as I really like the idea of a wind resisitant fleece. I have a Windbloc jacket that I use for casual wear, but it just doesn't breath enough to make it practical for any type of sport besides downhill skiing. It's great for cruising in a convertible in fall & spring though!

there is another thread with more info on this subject, you might find some answers there. I have found the EMS divergence jacket to be just fine for almost everything i do. Its super comfy too.

Thanks... I saw the other thread on the windstopper or Wind Bloc fleece, which is 100% wind proof but not very breathable. What I am looking for is info on the new Wind Pro fleece put out by Malden Mills, which is supposed to be highly wind resistant but still highly breathable. It's hard to tell how well this stuff works in the field when you are trying it on in REI!

I got the vest for Christmas last year and have used it often. It stops the wind effectively and breathes well too. With the regular fleece jacket and a lightweight shell I'm pretty much set for most winter days.