Winter Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to miss!

Toe Cozy said:
And most importantly: If anyone is driving through the Brattleboro area tomorrow late afternoon on your way up I-91, you should stop in to McNeills for some tasty, tasty brews. I will be there after work for a bit. It's on Elliot St. (put that into your GPS auto-routing systems or whatever you call them and I'm sure you'll find you're way there.) McNeills would be about 1 hour from UFCs pad. You can take him a growler of brew!

I have been wanting to make this gathering, but I am looking to buy a house and things are getting sticky with timing and such, but, you have to check out McNeills Brew. My friends at Redbones in Somerville carry it when they can, but it is hard to find. Their ESB is amazing! I would buy a case of it if I were coming up there, but I think, as usual, I am missing this gathering. You guys have fun and watch out, Vermont roads get really slick when the weather gets funky.

Popcorn Chicken OR White Pizza

Since I'm allergic to tomatoes, I can't eat regular pizza, and tend to stay away from bbq/buffalo stuff (many varieties include tomato something). That being said, I'll go for a White Pizza (i.e. no tomato sauce) and/or Popcorn Chix.

cbcbd: I'll be around to help with the drums anytime after 3:00 PM Friday. Thx!

LCD projector

I know Audrey was soliciting slides, but some of you may be in the same boat as Spencer and I. We don't have any! So I will bring the LCD projector and my laptop. Anyone who wants can throw their photos on a disc or removavle drive and I'd be happy to let you hook into the computer.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, I'm going to cutout from work early :)

You were looking for an idea on the food order? I won't be hiking Friday, so I'll just be good for a couple slices of za and a few mild chicken wings.

"Hey hey, my my!" :D

The digital piano is packed and so's my ski gear. I'll be leaving work midday tomorrow and getting to UFC's 5-ish. I'm still skiing K/P Saturday and maybe Sunday too. I don't know if my brain can handle packing hiking gear on top of all the other crap in the car already!

Beer me!
:D

SherpaKroto said:
cbcbd: I'll be around to help with the drums anytime after 3:00 PM Friday. Thx!
Cool, SK. I'm leaving work at regular hours tomorrow and then heading to my sister's on the way up. I'll probably get there pretty late... but I'm sure you guys will be up ;) :D

I don't know if I've even posted to this thread yet, but I'll be there! I am bringing tortilla chips and ingredients for a 5-layer mexican dip, which I plan to heat in the oven 'til the cheese bubbles :)

I am already up in NH, so I didn't get the chance to grab any extra folding chairs at home, but the floor is fine for me.

If anyone wants to see photos from West Bengal and Sikkim, I'll have the presentation I just did at Pinkham with me. Thanks Hiatis for the LCD projector!

See you this weekend :)

-katie

Hmmmm

Well, I was coming but now my dogsitter has bowed out and I don't relish the idea of sleeping in my truck with two shedding yellow Labs. Guess I'll wait and see how tomorrow feels.

The plan is afoot! Looks like Rider.Steve and I are headed to Sunapee on Saturday to ski and will drive to UFC's humble abode Sat. night. Hoping to crash on your floor because I am a winter weenie in terms of sleeping outside! Sunday may involve a hike somewhere in the vicinity.

Looking forward to seeing folks! It's been WAY too long.

Now just need to figure out what to contribute to the Sat. potluck in addition to barley pops and vino!

I have a foot high stack of paper plates I'll bring just in case... also a couple pounds of plasticware... and beer, if anyone would be interested.

It looks like some of us are meeting Audrey tomorrow AM to climb Mt. Ascutney...... I'm up here at UFC's with Coldfeet, TJ, and bubba. Steve has a nice space upstairs for the band - looking forward to hiking, playing, and socializing with everyone.

Thanks again to Steve/UFC for having us. :D

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone's been watching the weather forecasts, but the temps are dropping and now some are saying snow instead of rain. :D :D :D :D :D

R we there yet?

Hey all,

I'll be there on Saturday around 5 PM. Gotta put my kid on a plane back to college at Logan at noon.

I am packing a big lasagna and bigger bass amp.

See you soon,

cb

Food contribution

Don't know what time we'll be arriving on Saturday evening post hiking. I'm guessing it'll be after 6pm. So, I'm going to bring dessert in some form of cookie and guacamole/chips for snacking with the beers I'll be bringing fresh from McNeills. Sounds like the party is starting up and like there will be lots of folks tomorrow. My first gathering. Looking forward to meeting so many new faces.

bunchberry said:
...If anyone wants to see photos from West Bengal and Sikkim, I'll have the presentation I just did at Pinkham with me...-katie
DEFINITELY!!!

I won't even start to list what I'm bringing up. Suffice it to say I had to check my tire pressure before leaving. T-Minus 110 minutes and counting.

The "Doctor" just paid me a visit and asked me to take him along :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm doing house stuff here in Boston on Saturday morning but I plan on heading out by 1:00 or 2:00 PM. I'm hoping to stay indoors but I'll be prepared for tenting if needed. Sunday will be a hike or ski, depending on conditions (weather and hangover). I'll bring the Wyoming photos if anyone wants to look at them.

-dave-