Winter Gathering??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good link

thanks Doug. Anyone else interested in skiing that or into Gulf of Slides?

Based on recent reports, I'd expect the upper part of the Wildcat Valley trail to be exceedingly firm, with breakable (or unbreakable) crust in places.

Double Bow said:
Parents, hide your daughters!! ;) :eek: :D
Isn't that a line from a John Mayer song?

Good looking temps... I'll also be at barnes - 70s theme, anyone?

Double Bow said:
Yippeeee!!!!!!

NWS is now predicting a low of 10 on Saturday night. It's official, Jeff and I are spending the night at Barnes!

Parents, hide your daughters!! ;) :eek: :D

OK, now I know I'm not going !

Just kidding :D I'm not going because i'm a whimp. It would be too little hiking for a lot of freezing at BF all weekend long.

Have fun people ! Have a beer and throw a piece of wood in the fire for me.

Bob said:
thanks Doug. Anyone else interested in skiing that or into Gulf of Slides?

Hey Bob! Sorry I can't make it down this weekend.

Anybody going from the Montreal area? I'd like to get Bob his snowshoes back! Post PM me if you are!

So far it sounds like MJ and myself, Audrey and Pat, Doublebow and Jeff, Arm, and Kevin, Judy & Emma, Leaf and Mats are all confirmed.

For anyone definately coming that I missed-- would you please add your name below and days you plan to be there? :) (or remove it if you are not??)

We will be there saturday night, not tenting.

This thread is a tad confusing!
Thanks!

(not taking any credit or responsibility for this Gathering :eek: -- just trying to get a sense of who will be there!)

Last edited:
I will check in to see if anyone is still around on Sunday evening, after I hike something (Moriah? Field-Willey?), before I head into Tucks to initiate snow pit study with my student on Monday.

I plan on being there for Saturday night (hiking Saturday, and driving home with a massive hangover on Sunday) :eek: . I will also be camping at Barnes in my 5 season tent, the back of my 4Runner...

Even though not many people posted whether or not that they will be there, my estimate will be MANY more than the 12 you mentioned :D

Definitely going to be there with wood to burn, really looking forward to it.

I'm going to be hiking in the area during the day and will probably show up around 6:00 if all goes well. Make sure there is a way for me to back my truck up at least "fairly" close to the pit.... my wood guy says it'll be about a 1/2 cord of hardwood we'll be working on :cool:

Unfortunately my brothers place in Vermont got burned out Monday early am, so I'm headed to Barre tonight with some things to help them out. Thanks to a neighbor with a home-rolled smoke on a couch they lost 75%. I'm planning to hike Moriah early and hope to tent at Barnes Saturday. May have my sister-in-law Sunshine Chris along as a guest. Looking forward to this get together and had a great time at the last one! Hoping the weather brings a little clearing Saturday even if it drops the temps!

Hi Folks I made a quick swing around Barnes around noon (friday) . Only one site had a vehicle parked at it. Road didnt look like there had been much traffic. About 2 to 3 inches on the road at Barnes and the same at my driveway at the Gorham Randolph line. I will try to stop by tonight and would be up for a mellow hike on Saturday (forecast is marginal for Saturday). I would expect the Eastern slopes and the Maine side of WMNF will have a bit more snow.

marchowes said:
I'm bringing my axe!!! Chop chop!!

Nothing creepy about that statement whatsoever. :)

I'm gonna pass on this one - I've got too much to do tomorrow for the big game and I'm not up for that much driving this weekend. Have fun at everyone and make sure to take pictures of the fire.

I'll have a bonfire going in the parking lot down in Foxboro on Sunday, and Carmel will be there, so I'm gonna go ahead and call it the VFTT Winter Gathering Annex. Its like Filene's Basement... but for partying and drinking. So its way more fun.

GO PATS!!!

(seriously - any other VFTTers going to the game? PM me and I'll give you directions to the lot)