Winter Gathering??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out I'll be missing this one! Darn it!! :( Not feeling well due to a lingering cold!

I hope you all have a super time!! Stay warm and safe!!

Winter Gathering: The Aftermath

It was great to see everyone again and to share a warm fire and revelry after a long winter's hike.

Marc & Caveman-- thanks for the wood and firetending - it was soooo funny to watch the advancing melt line in the snow at the perimeter of the firepit.

Peakbagger Dennis, thanks for the YUMMY raspberry squares!

Dave Bear, great to meet you and sooo sorry about your brother's home. Glad to see you've been doing your part converting new hikers and "Welcome" to Sunshine Chris.

Giggy -- what can I say!? Always a great time..and what's said at the Gathering, stays at the Gathering!

What she said! And I would extend that to what *happens* there, not simply what's said... :eek:

MichaelJ said:
What she said! And I would extend that to what *happens* there, not simply what's said... :eek:

I thought it was rather tame actually... :D

Thanks to everyone who brought the food over. I didn't get to sample the meatballs (my own fault), but did have the stuff that Dennis brought - which was very good.

Hey, work hard, play hard. Some good hikes were had this weekend, especially on Saturday when nearly everyone who was hiking was breaking trail to some degree. Let's see more trip reports!

A good time

Thanks to all for the good company, especially UFC & Marc for keeping us warm (as well as smoked and half baked).

Peakbagger, thank you for a couple of scenic hikes and also for the fabulous raspberry squares. Also to our hiking buddies for being patient with our snail's pace.

Thanks to everyone for a great time and yummy food. It's always great to see my hikings friends and get to know some new faces. I hope I behaved like the very gentle lady I am. :D Fun time.

"Anyone catch the dude who puked in front of Bob's tent?" Yea BoB, I wonder who???? :rolleyes:

Nilsa, The weather was fine for tenting and quite a few tented. I may have missed a few by sleeping in a little but seven or eight tents from the gathering and a couple of other folks camping on their sites. And the rasberry tart squares were still great at breakfast time just more like popsicles!

HikerAmiga said:
Just curious but those who braved it and tented out, how cold was it? :confused:

Really wasn't a problem - about 5 to 10 friday and around 0 sat eve. Very windy friday eve there- I was setting up my tent, bs'ing with shizzy, etc.. - had the tent half anchored in with deadman, took my hands off it for a second and the a gust ripped it out of the snow and 50 feet into the woods!

just a little pissed off after driving 4+ hours to get there! :p :eek:

Yeah, the only real hassle was the friday night wind. I was comfortable in a 0 degree bag both nights.

Because of the wind I erected a barrier around my tent! It was actually semi effective.

fortmarc2.jpg

I was fine Sat night with my 15 degree bag... it was much warmer than I expected... prob in the low 20s is my guess.

Monday morning... deadly!

giggy said:
just a little pissed off after driving 4+ hours to get there! :p :eek:
Boo hoo hoo

We wanted to stop by on Sunday,but it sounds like everyone was gone,or hiking on Sunday. Wish we could have made it for the beer and fire-two great ingredients for camping! :D

Spent the night on the Naumann Platforms at -5F. Met up with MarcHowes on the way down Crawford. Was he out scouting for more firewood?? :D

Good time for sure - nice seeing everyone, too bad there weren't more there. That was my first time winter camping - you know it ain't half bad :cool:

Rumor has it there may be an "unofficial" gathering later this winter in VT somwhere with a famous band playing there...maybe more will brave the cold!