Rgf1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey rick!
you know i've always thought your contributions here were and are the jam! don't let a few nervous nellies here get ya down. don't pay attention to 'em! speak your mind consequences be damned! we need more folks like you around here for sure!

glad you're progressin' along!

bruno

Rick

I think I started posting here after you left, I don't remember much of you. But I understand from previous posts that you're the kind of member that speak up and make this site more alive. I like that. Come back, so we can have more interesting debates.

And sorry for what happen, injuries sucks :mad:

Get better,
Julie

Rick, sorry to hear of your accident, ...... best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I agree with Julie ...... injuries suck!

Rob

PS - Tuco (Eric) and I were hoping to meet you at the OBP/FW trailhead last October ...... MadTownie had mentioned you might be hiking the ridge that day. Carla and I are hoping to return to the Whites in June and again August or September ....... hope to hike with you then. :)

Wow, Rick, I just read this thread. Bummer of an injury! I've seen lots of woods injuries in my workers' comp work, and you're right about your gear saving your life. Smart man.

Sounded from what you said as if you got a "spiked" tree--is that right? I sincerely hope it was just a freak accident instead.

So get well, and we'll get that hike in someday soon. I haven't been out at all myself lately, but not because of injuries. Take care of yourself.

Welcome back

Sorry to hear about your injury. A logger near me was killed yesterday when an ash tree he was cutting somehow broke off a 30-foot long, 1-foot diameter spar 12 feet above the cut. It fell on him. Dangerous work, for sure, but it's an outdoor job many of us wish we had.
Don't go away mad or get upset by red squares. My file looks like a Christmas tree with red and green squares. Big deal. Nobody agrees with me at home so why should they here?
This is a board with a lot of passionate people coming at the subject matter from different viewpoints. Disagreement is to be expected.
But with rare exceptions, all good people.
You're definitely one of the good people and you add a unique perspective that we need to consider in forest-protection discussions.
Even the moderators want you back!!!

Screw the red squares Rick.

I am glad to hear you on the board again also and have always enjoyed your comments. Wish you a quick recovery and hope to see you in the woods soon as well.

Keith

He's Back!!!

Rick...what an accident!!!! Hope all is healing well.
It's good to know your back on VFTT and the trails.
Stay safe!!

Thanks !

Hi All
Thanks I am doing better. I really did not feel like saying much . I was not really feeling to socialbe for a while . It was very depressing in the real sense of the word not to be physically active . For a while I was to medicated to do much more than walk along a dirt road . I tried but did not get far both in NH and CO my last Climb Was MT Elbert with my cousin ves year round in colorado it is very easy sort of like te Jewell Trail but longer. and much higher abpout 5 ,000 ft or so of vertical jut up[ it is a 10 mile roundtrip. I recomend La Plata Peak or Mt Masive over it if you are in the leadville area.
I am, in NH right now and hope to hike up Laffeyette lete April or early May
I would enjoy some company an possibly more than likely just walk ther ridge beside i have a few new toys er camera lens to try out .

If any one is intersated please let me know i sure will not be setting any records .
Rick

Last edited:
RGF1 said:
If any one is intersated please let me know i sure will not be setting any records .
Rick

Sorry to hear about your accident Rick. Glad to hear you are recovering. Mending goes slow but little steps become bigger with time. Be patient. We were suppose to do the ridge last spring and we never made it. Drop me a line anytime Rick when you are ready. I need at least 3 hours notice though. I am always up for doing the ridge.

Hi rick
would love to do Lafayette. Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays are free for me. Live in Waterville Valley so I could be up there with short notice. Probably could get a few friends to join us.

I wuold like to join in aols in a short hike my sefl are injured knee recently in aspem. This mkes me deppressd about 8,000m hiking may be over. I wll be out in NH soon from out west and gbve me a PM and I wll posibly join in. Nothing craisy.

climber456