Storrs Hill and Goodwin Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
10/8/06

Where, you ask? In the fine city of Lebanon, NH, that's where! I was itching to get out again after my hike to Garfield so I walked down Rt 120, took a few side streets and was at the Storrs Hill ski area. There isn't much to the trip report...i hiked up the ski hill, soaked up the surprisingly nice views of Lebanon, and folllowed a path further up the hill past the ski slopes. The trail ended at the top of the hill (about 1100 ft) and came out to a huge field. It was absolutely stunning to see the green grass against the deep blue skies. I walked up the mowed section for a few minutes and came to a view west, of Vermont. It was a gorgeous scene. After hanging out for a few min I decided to head back down.

I took a poorly marked trail into Goodwin Park (I basically bushwacked down the hill) and took in the beautiful foliage and colorful flowers that remained. I hit the bottom of the hill about 30 min later and hung out at a very pleasant stream shaded by some old Hemlocks...very picturesque. At around 4:30 it was time to head back, so I mozied my way out and was back at my house by 5. It was a great way to spend a couple hours in the woods, and the best part, I didn't have to get in a car. Lebanon really has some nice conservation areas...I can't wait to check more places out.

Here are the pictures