More Trouble?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
I just heard on WGIR out of portsmouth that a NH climber and his partner are in touble in bad weather on Rainer. It was just a blurb but the jist of it is that the are unhurt but could not proceed because of the weather. They said that a helicopter could not extract them but was dropping supplies to them....Any one else hear of this? Do we know who it is? Must be "breaking news" because it was not on the earlier report on the same station. Boots

Breaking news

This doesn't look like your NH climber but details are scarce:

ASHFORD, Wash. - Rangers in a helicopter spotted the body of a climber at the bottom of a deep basin on Mount Rainier, a second climber was missing and two others asked for help, a park ranger said.

Rangers saw the climber sprawled motionless and face-down in the snow Thursday on the Carbon Glacier on the north side of the 14,411-foot peak, said Michael J. Gauthier, supervisory climbing ranger at Mount Rainier National Park.

Rangers were unable to reach the body but planned to fly to the site Friday to check again and search for the missing man, he said.

Rangers had been searching for two overdue climbers from Missoula, Mont. They had been expected back Monday from a climb up the dangerous Liberty Ridge route.

The two that "asked for help" could be the ones they were refering to on the radio.

I believe this is the same story we are all following. However, it says that the two climbers who had originally called for help were from Alberta and CT. The two presumed dead were from Montana.

Heres the story from the Seattle Times

Heres the story from Yahoo!

I believe that makes four on Liberty Ridge in the past month.