Pierce & Jackson - Crawford Path, Webster Cliff & Webster Jackson 11/14/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P.

Reaction score
Trail Conditions: Wet, a little bit of ice but easy to avoid. See the other trail report for blowdowns on Webster Jackson Loop. One blowdown n C-Path which was the hardest one to get around but really not too bad.

Special Equipment Required: Waterproof & windproof clothing.

Comments: Optional - The weather came in earlier than predicted on Friday so I opted for this trip instead of doing Ike & Pierce. At 7:15 Wind at the MWO was out of the SE but when I reached treeline on Pierce it was coming from the N or NE. Was a heavy drizzle until about 11:00 - 12:00 but by the time I got to Jackson, it was raining & by the end it was coming down pretty good. Saw only one hiker all day but saw some other footsteps.

Saw Earl & Sue at Highland Center, they opted for Ike, Pierce & Jackson. When I got down around 3:00 I drove by the trailheads hoping they opted for just Ike & Pierce but it looked like they opted for all three. I'll have to read their trip report.

If I had just done Pierce, it would have been a more enjoyable hike, on the way down Jackson, the word that kept popping into my mind were dreary, gloomy & blusterly. Could only think of two songs with November in them; GnR's "November Rain" & Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" ("when the gales of November come early")

Mike P.
[email protected]

Last edited: