Plane crash on Seward?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meo

Reaction score
Last weekend, we tried to follow the herdpath up Seward (the one that starts from the Ward brook truck trail). We forgot to cross the brook, so we lost the path somehow and ended up bushwacking on what I guess were the upper northeastern slopes. At around 4000' (I can't tell exactly where as I didn't have my gps with me to record the exact location and we were in the clouds), we found big chunks of metal near a small mossy cliff. They looked like metal sheets with holes, a bit like the hood of a Jeep. I didn't take pictures as I was completely soaked and quickly getting cold, nearing hypothermia, and I had to quickly take a bearing to get down in the valley. Taking pictures was the last thing I thought of at that point, sadly :-(

Were they remnants of a crashed plane? Of wood cutting machinery, even at 4000'? Somebody heard about a crash there? Better yet, someone already saw these artefacts (I found boot prints in the moss on our way up, so I'm not the first bushwacker to get there recently)? What I saw Sunday is somehow haunting me today:confused:

Thanks Neil. Glad to know I'm not the only one to get so of-course... But even on this thread no one seems to know something about this crash. Anyway, it's not that important.

BTW, Neil, I followed your suggestions for the customs (Lacolle village instead of the usual and always busy I87/10 customs). Wow, it took us 2 minutes to cross, the weekend before we waited 1h15 in the line!!!

Last edited:
Meo said:

BTW, Neil, I followed your suggestions for the customs (Lacolle village instead of the usual and always busy I87/10 customs). Wow, it took us 2 minutes to cross, the weekend before we waited 1h15 in the line!!!

Well, I sure you hope you don't write it up for any magazines:) .

Don't worry Neil, I won't :rolleyes: Same thing goes for most of the herdpaths, free roadside camping spots, etc. :cool: But writing about it on VFTT is already a secret spoiler :eek: And as you can see, I'm now trying to include all these new emoticons :p

BTW, I found several previous threads on VFTT about plane crashes, including Seward's ones, but nothing precise.