Lafayette, Lincoln & Haystack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nordic gal

Sunday, September 11th.
Up Bridal Path, the first 2/10ths of a mile got washed out and the trail the poor trail got wiped. At the intersection I went left and I was glad to notice the foot bridge at the end of Falling Waters was still there for me to use on my return.
The rest of the way up Bridal was fine. A fellow told me to tell Bruce I was number 75. I thought it was a joke but as I passed people they'd as me what my number was and then they would tell me theirs. Hmmm. When I went in and I ask is Bruce really collecting numbers? I was told my a slightly annoyed croo gal that Bruce doesn't work there. But everyone in the hut seemed to enjoy it every time someone walked in to report their number.
The cone was socked in at 11:30 and Flag volunteers had just arrived too. I continued on and busted out below the clouds for a nice walk in the wind to Lincoln. I made it to Lincoln just before noon and watched the Boy Scouts have a beautiful Flag ceremony as they raised Old Glory. Lincoln's summit was in and out of the clouds as I went across the ridge to Haystack.
Beatiful waterfalls and nice loud cascades on Falling Waters! Trail in good condition, was amazed at the number of people creeping up the trail. Brook crossings better than usual with the higher than average water due to the amount of new trees in the brook bed, natural bridges.
Trail in good condition.
The wind was cool and I was glad I brought a jacket with a hood, gloves would have been nice.
Wish I had brought a binoculars to look into the helicopter buzing the summits (sorry seems like a waste of fuel to me even though it is a nice gesture and see flags on other summits near by.
I was back at my car before 2 pm so I saw flags above Cannon Cliff and on the site of the Old Man's Head. Beautiful.