Starr King

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
I scrapped my plans to climb in VT while driving up 89, my dog has a problem with his eye and I felt better staying close to home. I dropped off 89 and headed due East. I ended up near 118 and that allowed me to shoot up to Rumney, then Plymouth to good ole 93. I took out my 52wav list and decided Starr King would work and off we went. Starr King is a pleasant hike, it's never challenging and provides a walk through a nice variable forest. Rock spikes car to car, fed some birds on top and decided to pass on Waumbec. Was able to get into the regular lot, although there are a few dips in the road. Snow depths at the summit were less then 3 inches and nothing but a dusting from the glades down. Nice way to start the year. As always, me and my dog had pizza at the general store which is a fine establishment.
P.S. Someone is building a beautiful home on 115 a short way from the trailhead road, it is quite the house and the view is priceless.

Very nice. Isn't there an old cabin fireplace and chimney somewhere on that trail (or perhaps it is located between Starr King and Waumbek)?

Very nice. Isn't there an old cabin fireplace and chimney somewhere on that trail (or perhaps it is located between Starr King and Waumbek)?
Sure is right past the summit of Starr King in the clearing.

That new timber frame club house for the Waumbek golf course is not to shabby :) I was sure the golf course would get cut up for house lots when it was up for sale recently as they all would have had great views. They are probably spending more on the club house than they paid for the property.

I scrapped my plans to climb in VT while driving up 89, my dog has a problem with his eye and I felt better staying close to home. I dropped off 89 and headed due East. I ended up near 118 and that allowed me to shoot up to Rumney, then Plymouth to good ole 93. I took out my 52wav list and decided Starr King would work and off we went. Starr King is a pleasant hike, it's never challenging and provides a walk through a nice variable forest. Rock spikes car to car, fed some birds on top and decided to pass on Waumbec. Was able to get into the regular lot, although there are a few dips in the road. Snow depths at the summit were less then 3 inches and nothing but a dusting from the glades down. Nice way to start the year. As always, me and my dog had pizza at the general store which is a fine establishment.
P.S. Someone is building a beautiful home on 115 a short way from the trailhead road, it is quite the house and the view is priceless.
Thank God for that store! Love it!

That store is a tradition for many. They also carry the NH Chocolate milk, Hatchland, that tastes more like slightly melted chocolate ice cream than milk.

That store is a tradition for many. They also carry the NH Chocolate milk, Hatchland, that tastes more like slightly melted chocolate ice cream than milk.
Also available at various places in/around N. Conway and Fryeburg. Liquid chocolate ice cream!