Mt Arab firetower suffers extensive vandalism damage

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the first offense either: " As we understand it, these vandals have a long record of unlawful acts." What a pair of losers. In addition to the fine, they should have to help restore the place.

Agreed. I'd feel a lot less upset about this if it was their first offense. It would still be awful, of course, and the perps would still need to be punished. However, when it comes to juvenile repeat offenders...call me old-fashioned, but I think the parents need to get their acts together.

Hopefully, they will have to make numerous trips up and down this trail carrying all the supplies needed to make the repairs. This is a great little hike and fire tower.

I say fine the grandparents. Or even the great grandparents if they are still alive. They are obviously the cause of all of this...

Make the kids fix it AND pay the fine. Maybe next time they'll think twice about vandalizing something if they have to repair it.

Make the kids fix it AND pay the fine. Maybe next time they'll think twice about vandalizing something if they have to repair it.

Some people who destroyed a fire tower (Snowy Mtn) in PA many years ago by sawing through the thick angle legs with a hacksaw [vandals were more ambitious back then :-] were required by the judge to pay restitution. He set it at something like $5 per week so with interest they will probably never pay it off but the district forester still smiles every time a check comes in.