Zombie 48

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a couple of coworkers doing this:
http://runforyourlives.com/locations/boston-massachusetts/

Looks fun, but....my hiking friends and I are always dreaming up new ways to complete a list...that got me thinking about the Zombie 48. Could be fun...imagine the possibilities. :D

My question would be do you hike as a zombie or do you pay people to dress up like a zombie and chase you around the Whites. IMHO theese races are just getting more and more silly. Next year they will probally host the rabid ginger bread man 5k what ever happend to a good old foot race.

From a runner's standpoint, the concept sounds kinda fun but what I find egregious is the entry fee of EIGHTY SEVEN DOLLARS to run 3.1 miles. :eek:

AND they even charge spectators a whopping $32. This is the second race series I've seen that is charging spectators. What the...?!

Runners
$87 from March 22, 2012 until April 20, 2012 11:59 PM EST

Spectators:
$32 from November 14, 2011 until May 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST

On the other hand, they are over half full... :rolleyes:

Edit: Make that over 3/4 full.

Last edited:
It's not a road race. It's a "5K zombie-infested obstacle course."

There will be 12 man-made and natural obstacles that will be physically challenging, but not impossible. There will be mud, water and maybe some blood. You will need to climb, crawl, duck and dive your way to the finish line. Oh, and there will be a bunch of flesh-starved undead on your tail.

Also, "The spectator package includes Saturday night camping, and applies to both event days - Saturday, May 5, and Sunday, May 6, 2012."

It takes place on private property - the Amesbury Sports Park - not out on the street in public.

Last edited:
From a runner's standpoint, the concept sounds kinda fun but what I find egregious is the entry fee of EIGHTY SEVEN DOLLARS to run 3.1 miles. :eek:

AND they even charge spectators a whopping $32. This is the second race series I've seen that is charging spectators. What the...?!

On the other hand, they are over half full... :rolleyes:

Edit: Make that over 3/4 full.

that blew me away as well $87 to run 3.1 miles around a defunked snow tube park. IF anyone wants to run around my house I will chase you with a stick for $10 thats a $77 savings. Only $2 if you want to watch me chase runners with a stick

Yes, it looks like the camping fee is included in the "spectator's package." However, run -- or obstacle course -- entrants will have to fork over an additional $20 to camp (per person), $10 to park (per vehicle), and you have to buy your food and beverages on the grounds. From the website:

The camping package is an additional $20 per person.

There will be a $10 dollar fee per vehicle.

No outside food, beverages, or alcohol will be permitted onto the grounds. All food and beverage needs will be available for purchase at Run for Your Lives and the Apocalypse Party.

that blew me away as well $87 to run 3.1 miles around a defunked snow tube park. IF anyone wants to run around my house I will chase you with a stick for $10 thats a $77 savings. Only $2 if you want to watch me chase runners with a stick

$10? Hmmm... Only if you mutter brains--more brains! during the chase.

Sounds like a fun race with a cool obstacle course but I like free stuff, maybe a Zombie Presi Traverse! Pick a questionable weather day and head up at dusk, imagine navigating your way in thick cloud cover at night from Thunderstorm Junction to Edmands Col, or heading down from Washington's summit as a storm comes rolling in, now that would be challenging and spooky stuff, if you're lucky maybe the hutmaster at Lakes will leave you some day old soggy pancakes in the 'dungeon'!

Somewhere around the 20-mile mark, I start to feel like (and take on the appearance of) a zombie. :eek:

Stinky : the zombie spots in the MA race filled up really fast- I would have loved to have been one!

A Zombie Pressie would be a hoot! Imagine the speed records that could be set!

For the Zombie 48 - I guess minimum criteria would be sucessully encountering and evading one Zombie per peak - this could occur either on the way up or down - just get back to your car unbitten and the peak counts :)

This opens the door for Zombie Trail Magic - just being a random Zombie is a great way to give back
To the hiking community.

Stinky :

For the Zombie 48 - I guess minimum criteria would be sucessully encountering and evading one Zombie per peak - this could occur either on the way up or down - just get back to your car unbitten and the peak counts :)

Imagine getting back to lincoln woods after a one day bonds traverse or owls head you get to the suspension bridge and wham! bitten by a zombie you have to redo the hike ouch!!:mad: