Maggie's Run Trail (new trail near Dry River Campground, Crawford Notch): 25 Oct 2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
The new Maggie's Run Trail was recently opened by Crawford Notch State Park staff. There is a 0.6 mile section that runs along the Saco River from a point near the Pleasant Valley Wayside area on Route 302 to a point opposite the picnic area at Dry River Campground. Another 0.4 mile section of the trail leads from Route 302 (near Pleasant Valley) to the Saco River Trail.

After completing another unrelated hike, I investigated the 0.6 mile segment that runs along the Saco River. The trail was in great shape. In creating this new trail, the crew even cut trees and brush flush with the ground, which sometimes doesn't happen with a new trail!

It's a peaceful and scenic walk along the river. We'll see how it pans out, but I'm thinking Maggie's Run might provide some short, mild-mannered XC-ski and/or snowshoe opportunities.

My BLOG has some photos taken during my trek along Maggie's Run. However, you'll need to skip to the bottom of this report since the first part relates to other hikes that were done.

Last edited: