I need help with my last 13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What time are people meeting??

Not sure yet, but I would guess by 9 at the trailhead. They don't have to wait for me to get up from Boston :) I will let you know once they nail it down.

Update: they are likely going to carpool for exit 23 off I93 in NH. They usually stop at the Dunks just east of the exit. 8am is the current plan.

Last edited:
There is a group going in on Saturday so the trail will be broken out for the Sunday group.

Not sure yet, but I would guess by 9 at the trailhead. They don't have to wait for me to get up from Boston :) I will let you know once they nail it down.

Update: they are likely going to carpool for exit 23 off I93 in NH. They usually stop at the Dunks just east of the exit. 8am is the current plan.

Last I looked there was snow coming, they are going either way? Please PM me with any changes?? Otherwise Harley and I will be waiting in the lot at 8am!!

Last I looked there was snow coming, they are going either way? Please PM me with any changes?? Otherwise Harley and I will be waiting in the lot at 8am!!

Last I saw the storm was tracking more to the south, so they are probably in. Of course, they'll look at the forecast and make a final call or adjust the plan as needed. Right now there is a 30% chance of now (per NOAA) near Twin Mountain.

Last I saw the storm was tracking more to the south, so they are probably in. Of course, they'll look at the forecast and make a final call or adjust the plan as needed. Right now there is a 30% chance of now (per NOAA) near Twin Mountain.

So you are not going? Who should I be asking for??

Well, right now Ben and Sascha (who has a distinct German accent). Odds are at least one member of the group will be wearing some absurdly bright neon colors. :)

Well, right now Ben and Sascha (who has a distinct German accent). Odds are at least one member of the group will be wearing some absurdly bright neon colors. :)

Good to know, I wouldn't want to be unfashionable so I will save my neon hiking outfit for Sunday.....

I'm game for isolation, Zealand and bonds, Garfield. My only caveat being I don't usually do multiples summits on dayhikes or anything that requires lots of headlamp time. If the mileage requires headlamp time with an early start I'm not a good bet. I usually break up most winter treks with an overnight, hot drinks and good grub. especially places like the bonds which are better with two nights and of 2.5 days at least. I do understand the need sometime to headlamp in on a Friday night or some headlamping out on a Sunday or Monday though and I I th to avoid it in favor of a more wholesome schedule but certainly do what it takes to get out there!! if that sounds sane to you, I'm hiking any chance I get. Tuesday through Sunday.....I've done all the leaks multiple times and have a great memory if thay helps and im an experienced bushwhacker.