Thread: Heading up to New Hampshike tomorrow 6-20-2019 for 5 days of hiking some of the 4000'

Home-West Shokan N.Y.Avatar 35x12 Catskill grid patch

Heading up to New Hampshike tomorrow 6-20-2019 for 5 days of hiking some of the 4000'

Is there a need for me to carry any micro spikes in the higher peaks in the Presidential range? I know the weather isn't going to be that good,so I have all the proper gear,but if I don't have to carry the spikes that would be a good heads up. Thanks In advance.Coming up from the Catskills.
    "You are never really alone in the mountains. Something is there , and you will find it in yourself"
    Ralph Ryndak

No need, we are in full summer mode. Sure there might be a few snow patches like the infamous one between Jefferson and Edmands Col but its usually a minor diversion. Great Gully in Kings Ravine still looks like it has a snowfield and I expect the big snow patch in the woods where Pine Link and Howker Ridge trail meet is probably in place. Plenty of trail reports on the TrailsNH website.

The biggest hassle is parking along the parkway at Lafayette Place. Either get here real early on week day or go get in line for the shuttle. It may change your plans for Cannon, Kinsman's and definitely Lafayette and Lincoln

Thank you so much ! Staying in North Conway.
    "You are never really alone in the mountains. Something is there , and you will find it in yourself"
    Ralph Ryndak

Had a great trip and the weather cooperated for the most part.Hiked Hale-Cabot-Wildcat d and Wildcat-Adams and Madison. 24/48 in 3 trips. Only hiked 4 days this trip.Thanks for the advice as always. Ralph
    Ralph Ryndak