Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Your Go-To Summer Daypack?

Jandd Zoor Alpinist.

Nearly 20 years old. A few repaired ski slashes but honestly indestructible.

Not mine but gives the idea...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoor.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	6650  
    Last edited by dave.m; 05-03-2021 at 07:40 PM.
    - Dave (a.k.a. pinnah)

" Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat." - John Lehman, US Secretary of the Navy 1981-1987

Osprey Stratos 24, saw an ad on Craigslist a few years ago and drove over an hour to pick it up in Maine for $50....3 years old but brand new, guy had bought it but never used it. Best pack I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by dave.m View Post
    Jandd Zoor Alpinist.

Nearly 20 years old. A few repaired ski slashes but honestly indestructible.
    Dave M., my mid-sized pack for multi-day hiking and skiing is the Zoor's bigger brother, the Keshet Alpinist, although Jandd calls it a "full-sized pack." Like your Zoor, it is about 20 years old and bomber. There's a good chance that it will be the only mid-sized pack I'll ever own.

Quote Originally Posted by TEO View Post
    Dave M., my mid-sized pack for multi-day hiking and skiing is the Zoor's bigger brother, the Keshet Alpinist, although Jandd calls it a "full-sized pack." Like your Zoor, it is about 20 years old and bomber. There's a good chance that it will be the only mid-sized pack I'll ever own.
    Hey, that's pretty cool. It's not a brand one sees out here much. I would be curious to know how you found it. Perhaps Pagocycle? Was that the shop that used to downtown?

I heard about them in the early 90s from bike bags and panniers. Their super large seat pack is one of the best bike accessories ever.

My wife and I lived in Monterey CA for a bit and a shop in Pacific Grove carried them. My old Sacs Millet was worn beyond repair so Ingot the Zoor. It's been a sturdy work horse. My son is slowly taking it over, as he does some local trail work and is a bit rough on stuff.

I can't recommend their larger packs. Just not up to to the task in terms of suspension.

Can't believe anybody out here would own a Jandd. Super interested to know the story.
    - Dave (a.k.a. pinnah)

" Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat." - John Lehman, US Secretary of the Navy 1981-1987

Quote Originally Posted by dave.m View Post
    Hey, that's pretty cool. It's not a brand one sees out here much. I would be curious to know how you found it.
    I picked mine up at Outdoor Gear Exchange, when it was on Cherry Street. I have one of their saddle bags, that I picked up later.