Pictures of unusual things seen on the trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carole

Reaction score
I always enjoy finding unusual things when hiking. Some make you smile, some make you sad, some just totally surprise you. While labeling my recent pictures I decided to share some. Some may be familiar, others you might make a guess, or maybe you can identify the egg.

Share your unusual finds.

carole said:
Share your unusual finds.

I wish I could. The pictures I have of unusual things are in my head, and technology just isn't there yet with the brain downloads.

Thanks, for sharing your pictures. I like things like that.

I have started taking pictures of unusual things on my bike rides. Like yesterday, rcycling back from the Adirondacks, I saw this:

http://newmud.comm.uottawa.ca/~pete/tmp/beer7.jpg

I prefer pizza and beer.

Last edited:
Great Pictures. I especially liked the "anybody home." It reminded me of an Alice in Wonderland House. Really neat!

spiffy! Is the fireplace the one on Mt Starr King?

I especially like finding sign typos. I was up on Howker Ridge Tr two wks ago & remember seeing the misspelled sign but did not take a picture. Here's one from a few years back of Rim Junction on Basin Rim in Evans Notch:

For a while the town line sign (not a hiking picture, slightly offtopic) on Bear Notch Road leading south from Bartlett read "Alabany":

but they fixed it within the last year or two.

Carole,

I too am pretty amazed at some of the things I've come accross, though most of the time I find them bushwhacking OFF trail.

There was a thread about 1 month ago that was similar.

-CHECK IT OUT- for some additional pictures of "weird" finds

Brent, I'm not the owner of your album, so I can't see it.

Carole, for the life of me, I can't tell what that blurry thing is in your "roar" picture. Is it just a burl that you thought was a bear, or is that actually an animal of some kind?

Last edited: