Hubbard Brook bushwhack 7/22

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbarossa

Reaction score
Who doesn't want to go bushwhacking on a Friday? I am going to the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, which is SE of Moosilauke, near Thornton. On the itinerary are Green Mtn (2762) and Mt Cushman (3221).

Any interested parties?

cushman!!

hey barbarosa,
the missin' link and myself whacked cushman from 118 last year after whackin' clough. it was thick and nasty at the top, and strewn with blowdowns. never did find the jar iffin thar's still one up there. our guess was it prolly was on one of the blowdowns. we're whackin' big coolidge on saturday iffin youz wants ta come!!! we're meetin' at the coffee shop in n. woodstock around 8:30 am on sat morn!! :D :D :D :D :D

post'r boy said:
hey barbarosa,
the missin' link and myself whacked cushman from 118 last year after whackin' clough. it was thick and nasty at the top, and strewn with blowdowns.
Well, that will scare off most ;]

post'r boy said:
never did find the jar iffin thar's still one up there. our guess was it prolly was on one of the blowdowns. we're whackin' big coolidge on saturday iffin youz wants ta come!!! we're meetin' at the coffee shop in n. woodstock around 8:30 am on sat morn!! :D :D :D :D :D

Saturday is a day in the flatland for me, but thanks for the invite. We'll catch up to another at some point.

Barb, I've done it from both directions, and from 118 is bad, thick and blowdowns all the way along. From the forest road it's basically a walk in open woods. What's great is the the forest road ends right at the base of the peak, the register is just before you hit the blowdowns on the summit ridge.

Cushman

Oh Boy....Cushman,good luck.After wackin Kineo I went to where the road ends to check a possible wack from Hubbard.The woods look good there but when your up in cushman territory it's thick......good luck,don't know about Green..MJ :eek:

It looks like I will be the first to try this route since Bruce the Moose did it back in October. ;]

I'll let you know how it ends.

Cushman is a nasty peak

Thick on top. With many multistory blowdowns; and some really interesting rocks with holes around them. let us know how you made out.