Taconic trails MA/NY/VT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugan

Reaction score
There are three trails mentioned in the MA/RI AMC guide that run the length of the Taconic mountains on the border of MA and NY. These are: the Taconic Crest, Taconic Skyline, and South Taconic.

I've been doing some research and have, as yet, been able to find a guidebook or map that better covers any/all of these trails.

Yes, I've seen the 70 page or so PDF file that most people refer me to. While interesting and informative, it isn't well suited as a guide.

Anyone know of any guides/maps/sources?

Thanks!

The South Taconic Map series can be found at EMS. (I have two or three)
There was a thin green book that had I believe the whole trail covered. I have it at home, I'll try & remember to post from home tonight. I'd be shocked if I got it from somewhere besides the former EMS Hartford store where I worked for a few years in the 90's.

Since I hope to be doing the Taconic trails with Dugan...thank you for your responses.....
...Jade

Last edited:
I think I have the book Mike P. mentions. It's the Guide To The Taconic Trail System, published by Chris Ryan of New England Cartographics. Here is their website. Unfortunately, I don't see the guide listed, but perhaps you could contact them and see if they have back copies.

The map I use constantly is "South Taconic Trails", trail map #14 put out by the NY NJ Trail Conference. The map is referenced on their web site here . It looks like they have a new, revised edition about to come out. I think I bought this map some time ago at an EMS in CT.