A Pirates Tail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldBoneyCheeks

Reaction score
After readen this here thread I realized there was buried treasure near by. I hollard to my maties to get aboard, weez goin on a treasure hunt. Ya seez, we aint been on a treasure hunt in over a hundred years, so you can imagine we were more than a bit excited about the fact that noone was claming to have found this here treasure mentioned in carole's link.

We lifted anchor and set sail aboard the good ship Suby from Plymouth harbor that very afternoon, saleing south along the Pemi-go-wash-it river far as Ashland town. then we turned east towards the famous golden pond. There were a few places between the two where there wasint much water under the keel, but we managed. Near the eastern shore of the golden pond we located the trailhead at the Moultonborough-Tuftonboro townline. (Who names these places anyways)

We had be wary of the citazins of the nearby castle(in the clouds). We snuck up the unnamed trail to the ledges on the edge of the volcano. (ancient volcano that is, hasint erupted since I was a wee lad)

Anyways we found the treasure under the rocks of the fire ring just as decribed in the link, but we was surprised to find only a shirt. No gold...No Diamonds...No rubies, sapphires or emeralds....Just a shirt. It is a pretty VFTT shirt though. well pirates don't wear shirts so we'll just bury it somewhere else and just maybe we'll give you a clue or two.

Hardy...Har....Har....Har...

:D I hope you enjoyed the view!!

If you're going to send it on another journey I hope you add your 'signature' and the date and place found. It could become quite the 'treasure' as the 'famous' and 'not-so-famous' add their names.

gggjyarr, me sees there are more than two of us here pirates. Twas a long time since I've been able to share such tales of plundering with a fellow matey. Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women. Shiver me timbers! Till next time...gggjyarr!

ExploreTheEast,
"INTERNATIONAL "TALK LIKE A PIRATE" DAY" Ya don't say. Welll, iffins yuz gonna talk like a pirate I suggest yuz not do it down by the docks cuz ya might upset the MEN folk down there.....and after lookin at yur purty picture in yur avatar, Ize can think of another reason yuz might want to avoid the men at the docks.

Hardy...Har...Har...Har...

Mr. X,
Ya say yuz was a pirate....I doesn't remember no pirate callin himself Mr. X. Oh wait, I just noticed from yur avatar, yuz from Nantucket.........OHH YEAAA, I remember you. Yeaaa. In fact, when I was down at the Filthy Wench Tavern this mornin they was singin that song about you...you know, the one about the day yuz told yur wife you was a pirate.....How does that go....Oh yeaa...there once was a man from nantucket, hooz wife shooved his head in a bucket, as she said with a grin, pulling it down past his chin, if I hear of ya playing pirate again, I'll see to it you KICK the bucket...

Speaking of the tavern....while I'll was there I learndid that there was a short fella in there earlier lookin fur me. Seems he heard I had treasure and he was plannin on... ahh..."acquirin it". Well, when I catch up with this little fella, first I'm gonna stomp the pigeon excrement out of im, then I'm sendin him strate to Davy Jones locker..... First though, I think I better go hide me treasure....someplace where NOONE will ever find it...

And for yuz others that I wuzint addressin that's peekin in here......

Arrrgggghhhhh

OldBoneyCheeks said:
ExploreTheEast,
"INTERNATIONAL "TALK LIKE A PIRATE" DAY" Ya don't say. Welll, iffins yuz gonna talk like a pirate I suggest yuz not do it down by the docks cuz ya might upset the MEN folk down there.....and after lookin at yur purty picture in yur avatar, Ize can think of another reason yuz might want to avoid the men at the docks.

You're killing me 'Cheeks... but I guess you're right, I'm a sexy b!+ch. :cool:

OldBoneyCheeks said:
Mr. X,
Ya say yuz was a pirate....I doesn't remember no pirate callin himself Mr. X. Oh wait, I just noticed from yur avatar, yuz from Nantucket.........OHH YEAAA, I remember you. Yeaaa. In fact, when I was down at the Filthy Wench Tavern this mornin they was singin that song about you...you know, the one about the day yuz told yur wife you was a pirate.....How does that go....Oh yeaa...there once was a man from nantucket, hooz wife shooved his head in a bucket, as she said with a grin, pulling it down past his chin, if I hear of ya playing pirate again, I'll see to it you KICK the bucket...

Gggjjjyarr,

If ya's noticed matey, tis a certain flag I'm flyin for's thee avatar dealy. Black Beard's flag is atop my mast for ye smugglers who knows thee. Next weekend I will be atop a peak known by a name of the Colonies leader whom which I's a criminal in, plundering criminal that is. I will be in the state formerly known as the northern Massachusetts Bay Colony where they's used to harvest timber. There I shall bury me treasure, and fly the tru flag of thee's nation. Ggggjjjarrr!

-Cap'n X

Last edited: