2 in a Clip flashlite

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrimarc

Reaction score
Hi all,

2 of are hiking the N'ville-Placid trail this October. We are weighing our shelter options at this point. We have 3 options as i see it...

1. The fly only of my TNF Canyonlands - super light, and it's big enough for 2 under there. We shouldn't face bugs so floorless is ok. But a whole tent would be better, so

2. Each bring our own shelter - me in the Canyonlands, he in a SD Clip Flashlight, or

3. split up the Flashlight.

My questions is: whether any of you have shared a Flashlight. Is there room enough for 2? It would be in an pinch, we have it planned where we should be able to get in a lean-to/hotel each nite. We are thinking it should be ok, and our best solution.

What is the advice?

Thaks all!

Rob

I use my CF all the time, when backpacking with my son. The both of us fit in there quite comfortably, however, backpacks are another thing. We usually fit one in there, and the other may have to spend the night in the vestibule( the packs, of course). For my money, you can't beat the weight of the tent.

I have shared a 2 person clip flashlight with another person on several occasions and have had plenty of room. Of course, it does depend on the size of the people inside. It would be tight for two large men over 6 foot. There is no room inside for a pack. The vestibule is also small so bring a pack cover or be prepared to hang your pack. I like this tent. Its light, has a small footprint and has never leaked no matter how hard it has rained.

i should have mentioned this...

I am 5 foot 10, my hiking partner 6'3".

Does that change opinions? Remember this is basically an emergency shelter.

Thanks for all your replies.

Rob

Sharing the Clip Flashlight

I shared it with a 5" 7" female, but it's much too cozy for two burly men. The geometry of the tent means that you'd be sleeping shoulder to shoulder and there's just not enough room. The vestible is OK, but if you stored the packs there you'd have to push them aside to exit.
-bob m.

I'm 6' and shared a Clip2 with my sister who is 5' 10" - there was not a lot of wiggle room, but it was OK.

It was a really old one, but I don't think the size has changed.

I have a Clip Ultraflashlight and found it is perfect for my 4 year old and I.
I could sleep in it wife as well. Barring rolling around in my sleep (I am 6' 1/2"). It has just enough space for sleeping. Tough to sit up with 2 people in it.

I'd hate to spend 2 weeks with another hiker in it, but I think it wouls work out great as a backup shelter, as you will most likely find all the LT's vacant midweek in September & October
You'll probably find many vacant on weekends as well. Part of the beauty of the NLP.

I would think it would be fine for an emergency shelter for two larger adults. With two average sized women, there was plenty of wiggle room. I would agree with Daxs that you will need to store the packs elsewhere. There won't be room in the tent, and the vestibule is too small in my opinion.