5 other monsters!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi my friend & ennemy.

After a salvage night, Junior was ready for a other small hike!

We take the decision to go for Dix, We have a long discussion Where We will start and go down. After many hesitations, I start to drive for Elk Lake with the possibility to make more of one and the possibility to go down after 2 or 3 or 4 or 5. :rolleyes:

But when We saw a 2 cars parked at the Boquet river, We turned and parked at Round Pond. When I signed I saw We will have 3 rabbits in front us!!!We put only Dix in the register because I was not sure what my legs will say after the yesterday hike. :eek:

The snow condition very similar of yesterday very hard but many many places with water in the trail before the Dix slide. We catched the 3 rabbits near the Dix top. We introduced one to the other and give the information to what will be the plan for today.

We restarted with a good fox behind us, this fox asked us if We will be go with him in Macomb, sure why not!! We had the yesterday snowshoes tracks between Dix and Hough, a grove of the old snowshoes tracks between Hough and the campsite place in the Hough-Pough col. We need to stay alert after and (same as usually) We lose the path between Pough and South Dix in a very dense forest.. :mad:

Nice snowshoes tracks between South Dix and Macomb. The 2 other fox was in front us and We saw them in East Dix summit. Just before we will started to go down 2 other peoples arrived from the East Dix slide.

I give my plan: stay in the edge between East Dix and the first false summit and go down in the open forest. It is exactly what we made. We are happy to have the old and new snowshoes tracks in the flat section after We left the Boquet river. Also happy to negociate this section in day light. We need to cross 2 high water brook before We will go outside.

We are very lucky, just when We arrived a man go outside of the wood in the other side of the river and give us a ride to Round Pond parking, thank You.

Thank You also at the 3 rabbits-fox for this gorgious hiking sunny day without wind.

Hiking time for today 9 hours 1 minute!

Pinpin Junior.

P.S. This 3 men are regulars on the forums!!!! ;)

.......We put only Dix in the register because I was not sure what my legs will say after the yesterday hike.........

I didn't know this was ever a factor with you !

Way to go get'm !