Adams (2nd attempt) Saturday 2/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Savage

Reaction score
I ended up doing Sandwich back on 1/28 due to very high winds above treeline so I'll be taking another look at Adams for Saturday. Anyone else interested, let me know. Looks to be a bit colder (that is to say normal temps); maybe the wind will give us a break.

Adams

Hi Eric,
I need Sam Adams for Winter Trailwrights and would be happy to bag Adams also with you. Is Sat. the only day available or is Sunday a possibility? I ask because you never know about the weather this early in the week.
Ed

HikerDoc said:
Hi Eric,
I need Sam Adams for Winter Trailwrights and would be happy to bag Adams also with you. Is Sat. the only day available or is Sunday a possibility? I ask because you never know about the weather this early in the week.
Ed
I really prefer Saturdays and given that I'm not in a big rush, I would be more likely to postpone to next Saturday if the weather doesn't cooperate (unless the Sunday forecast is just completely irresistable).

Adams/Sam

Do you mind doing Sam also? It's on the way via Lowe's. What route did you have in mind? I may be available this Sat. Should be cold, windy with snow flurries. I may be able to get a third party, strong hiker, if you want.

HikerDoc said:
Do you mind doing Sam also? It's on the way via Lowe's. What route did you have in mind? I may be available this Sat. Should be cold, windy with snow flurries. I may be able to get a third party, strong hiker, if you want.
I was originally planning to go up Valley Way since I know it better in winter but I could be talked into an alternative if the weather is cooperating. Unfortunately the coming snow seems to be creeping in earlier each time I check the forecast and now there are rumors of a nor'easter. Regardless of the route, IMO more people is always better in the winter as long as they're prepared for the trip.
It also looks like a very early start may be called for, how early are you able to start?

I think I could be on the trail by 7:30. I'll see if I can get anyone else. Otherwise the 2 of us can go very fast.