Add 'em up!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping more numbers oriented:

21 4k's 16 repeats 5 in the ADK's are new bringing me 18 shy of all teh NE 4k's

9 between 3981 and 3000, 4 new ones, Crawford Dome, Graham, Balsam Lake, & Vanderwhacker

Three others , one new one in ADK's Baxter Mt.

204.34 miles hiked (rail trails not counted) and an est. of 58, 354 feet of elevation gain, both increases over 2006 numbers. (2006 had a Presi-Traverse & two over 25 mile days in the pemi)

Some new friends & some old friends I had not hiked with in a while were seen again too.

2008 has another Presi-Traverse in the plans for 6/14/2008. Should also finish 48 X 3 seasons along with 48 X Spring & 48 X Fall.

Neil said:
After reading some of the posts on this thread I decided that in 2008 I would use a 1 foot col rule and a 6 inch separation rule. I figure this will enable me to rack up some impressive numbers.

You must have some kind of awesome GPS and altimeter...not to mention quite the spreadsheet program. :D
I also had new criteria...I started including local snow banks as peaks which in 2007 was a bad choice here in the Northeast. :)

skiguy said:
You must have some kind of awesome GPS and altimeter...
No, just a good pair of eyes.

One eye isn't good enough - you need stereoscopic vision to determine the one foot col depth with precision.

Instead of being purely a peakbagger I'm gradually morphing into a route-bagger. (not to be confused with rutabaga-a member of the Brassica family)
Thanks to my Topo mapping software I can draw interesting off-trail routes to my heart's content through the land of Forever Wild. The best thing about it is that there's an infinite number of routes.

Click - drag- release. And voila! a new route is born. :D

Neil said:
No, just a good pair of eyes.

One eye isn't good enough - you need stereoscopic vision to determine the one foot col depth with precision.

Now I understand...but by the looks of that new Avatar you must be just sniffing your way around. ;)