All the leaves are brown (Hope Not!)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhiker

Reaction score
Sorry,..Couldn't resist the song lyrics. The time is right, what is the leaf change status in the High peaks? Planning on RPR this Sunday and hoping for some nice foliage. Maybe a couple more nice fall hikes before all the leafs are gone.

fall colors

i was up north on sunday/monday (19-20th). many of the trees are turning and the tops are showing color. some mountain sides were more prevalent then others. i would say it has definitely started but not at peak. this weekend may be really good; i'm heading back up in the hopes it is.
hope that helps a bit

I was hiking around the Zealand Hut (White Mts.) last Saturday. Change is definitely beginning, but still a few weeks off from full force. You should definitely be getting some nice scenery though. :)

Last edited:
Two weeks ago, the first maples and beeches were turning red and yellow. Heard on weather.com that the ADKs would be "peak" this weekend. With a nice, clear sunny weekend coming up, the colors are sure to be spectacular.

It's brown

Brown. That's all I saw on Osceola on 9/19. Alright, a little yellow. But my impression of this early fall: muddy.

A couple hard frosts would likely turn it, but all this rain . . . does that fit the magic formula for spectacular colors?

Just got back from up north, and there's tons of gold in them thar hills, and now the reds and some oranges are starting to poke through. To me, it looks like it's going to be a spectacular fall -- but it's not peak yet.

foliage report: southern White Mtns, NH

Update from Mt Osceola 9/23:
Still fairly early into the season.
The birch trees at higher elevations are not quite at peak yellows.

Looking down into the Pemigewasset valley by the Kanc highway, there was a lot of reds & oranges, looks like it's near peak.

Waterville Valley area still hasn't peaked yet.

Color update-it was beautiful this past weekend on RPR. Lots of deep reds towards the west, and many golds to the east and I looked up and saw blue (but i did not drink it). I'd guess that about fifty percent still had not changed though. Next weekend could be the prime weekend if its not soggy.:)