(Allen) X 2 for Dominique...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi readers.

Yes We neglected You. We are sorry, but I was too busy with my first job hiking in Adk, my second job teaching in a College and my third job adivising in a outdoor store..... :(

Friday morning, with the bad-good news: We received 18 inches of new snow since last weekend in Lake Placid, We started a little bite nervous from the Allen parking. The parking was not plowed and I parked the pinpin mobile in the road. I put on my snowshoes, Junior don't need it, He was born with snowshoes by nature :rolleyes: and We strated for a long day after just this small register note "For Dominique".

Good surprise it is only around 6 inches of new powder for the long approach to Twin Brook. We used the usual marks in the snow every one thousand steps. After twelve thousand We are in the gravel pic. It was easy to stay in the usual path with the yellow markers in the trees.

It was a other story after but We can see the ennemy (Allen) and We used the compas. Without trouble We arrived at the usual place to cross the Twin Brook. The funny time start gradualy, :D the new snow grow and before the bottom of the slide We need to broken in 18 inches...

Step by step, We know it will be only for a other thousan steps, with the windind technic We up this gorgious slide. Slowly by slowly (I am not sure Junior know this word) ;) We arrived in the small col and catched the summit. YE!

Without view, We didn't stay a long time in the top.

At the top of the slide I remove my hat and We are a special think for Dominique.

Long time before, Neil tell me: "Dom was loosing his water bottle in this place and if We are find it?"

I buy one signed by the usual rabbit sign and give him when He finished in Giant his 46. I always remember this old teenager with a little bite shy smile when He received this small gift. :)

We returned by new snowshoes tracks when it was possible to do not breake the up tracks. We stopped at the gravel pic and made a giant rabbit with snowshoes tracks in the snow: it will be the surprise promised by Christine too Bridgeman. :cool:

When We arrived at the parking the snowplow was cleaned it. We returned at the base camp little bite tire but with a great positive day behind us.

Saturday morning, Junior take the decision to use the broken trail to return in Allen, It was funny to see where each thousand marker was and where We lose the path to go staigh at the Twin Brook.

By good timing, We arrived at this place at the same time of Christine and Brigeman groups, it was nice to meet my friends Tony, Gary, Christine, Peggy and later Alex, It was also nice to put a face in Brigeman name and his friends.
After chated with Christine, Junior need to go in his second speed to take the pole position (sorry this rabbit was changing his energizer batteries in the morning) :rolleyes:

We go down with the same technic to save the snowshoes racks.
We chated a other time with Christine and without other memorable story We signed out.

It was my small help for this memorable day.

Pinpin Junior.

Jr.
It was nice to meet you and Alain on the mountain. Your keeper is a fine gentleman. Your trailbreaking was the savior of the day and made the summit possible.

How is it that you make the trail in front of me without knocking the snow from the trees, and scoot under logs without skipping a step?

Thanks again, Tim

Alain,

It was great meeting you on the trail again Saturday. Allen Brook herdapth was absolutely magnificent and so easy to enjoy thanks to your hardwork.
We particularly appreciated the zigzagging steps you took great care of building up the steep slide. You even thought of descending a different route as to keep them intacts: that was awesome and so nice.

Yes the mountains always gives us so much,

Christine

Allen x 2

Alain, it took Dominic and I 2 tries to get Allen so it's fitting that you did it twice. Both attempts were in winter, too. Thanks!

Btw, he used the Pin-Pin autographed water bottle all the time and took it to Lake Louise.

Reactions: arm
Alain, I am sure that Junior knows exactly what slowly means. I think that he just does not care. Thanks for letting Topo chase the Rabbit, although now he speaks with a touck of a French accent. Junior might get a kick out of my post 'Jazz Rabbits And Such Things' that I wrote after our hike. Also, what were the other mistakes?