Any pics of Whitface Autoroad?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Link and Frozen Goggles

New link to same photos

http://home.nycap.rr.com/akramitis

it has some additional ones.

Stoopid, thanks.

14000feet,
When I was living in Europe, I did a lot of speargun fishing and snorkeling. To prevent fogging on the face mask's glass we rubbed the flesh of a potato on the glass. It did not work perfectly but it did a lot of difference. It took much longer for the glass to fog to the point that we could not see.

I am not sure how this will work in your goggles. I do not have one. I just face the other way or down when the wind blows really hard. But I guess it may worth considering.

Thanks for the potato tip. I'm sure it works underwater. I wonder how it will work in serious cold. Hope I don't end up with a face full of frozen french fries. I wonder if it's the oil? Maybe a quick spray of PAM will do.

Someone posted that you need double glazed goggles. I had assumed mine were single layer, but they are in fact dual layer. Others have said the only sure fire method is to use goggles with tiny fans built in.

I tried the walking backwards routine, but the wind was so strong I had to really lean low into it. Couldn't do that walking backwards. It kept spinning me around. It was fun but I'm glad I turned back when I did. I'll try it once more before the winter is out.

Glad VFTT is back on line. Thank you Darren

With the surplus of potatoes we have up here, I'll have to give that a try :)

If your face mask and goggle combo is applied so you're not breathing into your goggles, you shouldn't have much, if any, problem. Never wear your goggles on your hat. The radiant heat from your head will cause them to heat up on the inside, then when you put them on, they cool off and ice up. Goggles on helmet (not over vent holes) usually ok.

Nadine