Batten down the hatches, the weather hype is at its max

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 2’ near us. Haven’t had the snow come up over the top of the chute of the snowblower before. Exceptionally nice snow, fortunately.

About a foot and half here, fairly light but wind moved it everywhere, yard has anywhere from none to over two feet. A spot by the garage was cleaned by the wind far cleaner than I could do with a shovel

An interesting storm, ended with just under 5" here at home with 7" being reported a few hundred feet higher up in Bethlehem Village. I saw a TV weather graphic showing the snow totals early Sunday morning, that showed a very narrow pencil shaped void of snow right over the CT River valley from the north country right down to the CT border, and I didn't believe it. Sure enough as I was headed to an event in West Springfield, MA; the most snow during the whole trip was right at home, with only a few inches in Springfield. I was surprised to see Keene, NH reporting only 3", but a friend in the hills east of town had 7" as of 5pm Sat. Now the trick is to make good use of this snow before it might get icky later this week with warming.

18" here in southern coastal Rhode Island. Made for some good snowshoeing this morning but damn my body was sore from all the snowblowing!