Bear on Manadnock?????

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenC

Reaction score
Avitar: Sunset from Perch : Home:Western Mass
Bear on Monadnock?????

MIckey7 and I were stuck home this past weekend (4/4)due to a change in plans. We decided to hit Monadnock Sunday AM. With rain predicted we figured it would be a quiet day in the woods.

We did a loop heading over Parker, Up Lost Farm, to cliff walk, smith connection, amphitheater, white arrow to summit. By the time we hit 2,000ft it was snowing and visibility was limited.

While hiking up to the summit in poor visibility, and snow we were headed from the Dublin/White Arrow intersect. As we came to a "chimney like section (for lack of a better description)" This was the view as Bill snapped the pic!!

Bear on Monadnock??????

No bear but a pretty neat rock formation. Pretty cool huh?? My guess is the limited visibility let the rock stand out. In good vis it may just disappear into the surounding rock.

No one on the summit so we headed over pumpelly and down cascade. I believe we saw only 1 or 2 people on our entire route talk about luck:)

Last edited: