Bears in the ADKs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Reaction score
Hey everyone. For those of you who don't know - I'm a Freshman at St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY. For my Enviornmental Studies class, I have to write a paper about any topic that I wanted to learn about. I'm taking an indeph look at the human/bear interaction in the Adirondacks.

My post has two requests (I guess thats the right word...) -
1) If anyone can point me in the right direction of literature about this topic that would be awsome

2) If anyone would like to share stories about their run-ins with bears in the Adirondacks that I could include in my paper, that would also be great.

Thanks for your help.

peace
Chris (Oysterhead)

Could also do a search here in the "Q&A" forum, lots of bear stories in the ADKs here.

Jay

I talked to a ranger at lake colden last weekend. Guess how many people they have on the bear problem.

ONE

And its not even a biologist. Its a Bio-tech person or something. Lame. You would think that the DEC could afford to put a few people on the study, since it covers so much ground.

Anyway, maybe the ranger didnt have his story straight.

Oyster, if you give me your email, ill send you a story about my first encounter with bears.

-percious

my e-mail

For all those who want to email me stories about bears (the more I get the stronger my paper will be so PLEASE DO) - here is my email...

[email protected]

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far!

peace
Chris