Beyond Mt. Parker

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solitary Hiker

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking the Mt. Langdon & Parker trails to Mt. Parker, stopping for lunch with my Siberian huskies and going back. Would I be foolish not to continue onward to say Mt. Resolution? What are the additional distances/times for continuing on past Mt. Parker?

Warren

Foolish? No way, it's just a matter of choice. Mt. Parker is a beautiful summit. The side trip to Cave Mt. off the Mt. Langdon Trail is also worthwhile. It's about another 3 miles to the Resolution Shelter from Parker if you and the dogs are feeling frisky.

Solitary hiker,

I did part of this route, but from the other direction a few days ago. Some of the trail between Mt. Parker and Mt. Resolution was a bit overgrown but I think adding Mt. Resolution would still be a manageable day hike; I guess that's all perspective. I put a description of this in the trip report section.

I think that it is just under two and a half miles from the Parker summit to the Resolution summit, either one would be a good lunch stop with fine views. The 3 miles that Pilgrim touched on will take you from the Parker summit to the Resolution shelter which is a bit past the Resolution summit from the direction that you would be approaching from. The Langdon Trail is pretty flat and easy going.

Enjoy and happy hiking.