big head / need big 3 season hat

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardrain

Reaction score
any of you know where I can find a good sun/rain hat that will fit my big head (7 7/8 +) :eek: ?

as anyone with a large dome can attest, there's nothing worse than a tight hat.

thanks

Wow, I thought I had a big head at 7½. That's a big head you've got there. I agree with you about tight hats.

Two that work for me are a Bailey Joe Eder with the useless ear flaps removed and an Oakley Ripstop Cap, which they don't make any more. But at your size, I don't know. Good luck.

Hat

What about something like a Tilley? I looked at their website and they come in big sizes up to what they call 8+. I have one and they are a good summer hat. They have a bunch of different models. Mine is canvas, but they have mesh hats and hats made of hemp. www.tilley.com

Last edited:
I sure like my Tilley LT6 in size 7 1/2 (pictured in my avatar at left). Two years and going strong - it's been on dozens of trips, and I wash it and wring it out after most every one, and it still holds its shape and looks great.

They have more breathable models if you prefer that - though not with the tall crown and large brim of the LT6.

- Steve