Blueberry Mt., Evans Notch via Bickford Brook and Blueberry Ridge Trails 6-6-12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty E

Reaction score
Plenty of parking at Brickett Place, and I was the only motor cycle in the lot..lots of running, standing water and mud and clumps of beech leaves cluttering the Bickford Brook Trail to the Blueberry Ridge Trail jct., with some dry spots..had another BEAR sighting early on he (younger solo) went left in a hurry so I felt ok going on...did the Bickford Slides Loop, which I really enjoyed, cascades and pools are great one of best in the whites..made the numerous crossings without incident, trail could be confusing but the path is evident..at last crossing, there is an brown/yellow arrow pointing the way..I hit BB again then reversed, and hit Blueberry Ridge Trail..caution needed on the wet slabs but overall it was ok to Blueberry summit...up to Bickford Brook Trail was also ok with only a few wet and muddy spots in the low lying areas..viewpoints looking back at Baldfaces etc were nice though it was raining sun also breaking in made for unique views...back down to Brickett Place, Bickford Brook Trail also wet is spots but good..trail signs at Spruce Hill chewed up pretty good by BEAR...not many blowdowns on these trails kudos to whoever may take care of them..only saw two other hikers coming down Blueberry Ridge Trail between BBT jct and Blueberry summit...if you only get a chance to do the Bickford Slide Loop do it!! Lefty E